Pre-offer - help

Old Dec 22nd 2014, 1:48 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre-offer - help

The way they see it, they are offering you free medical free housing and slightly more salary than you currently take home.
I would revert and say that the salary would be acceptable only if your child's education was provided for, and your rent was sufficient to cover the standard of living you expect (show an example of where and what from website and how much).
And you need a car for wife and child.
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by callmenigel
So quick update asked for basic 15k declined and said maximum i can give is 8.5k! Not replied back, but should I say another amount or just say '#@$% you' nicely
8500 is about £1500 a month? Sod that...

As mentioned IT will never pay well in the Emirates...
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

callmenigel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
The way they see it, they are offering you free medical free housing and slightly more salary than you currently take home.
I would revert and say that the salary would be acceptable only if your child's education was provided for, and your rent was sufficient to cover the standard of living you expect (show an example of where and what from website and how much).
And you need a car for wife and child.
Yeh I get what you mean, the only thing is the person that will understand is the hiring manager whos back in the UK on holidays until 5th. So i've had to get in touch with the HR rep with regards to this negotiation...

Surely the Hiring manager being from here knows that is way too less for our standard of living? Should I say i'm going to wait until he comes back?
Old Dec 22nd 2014, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by callmenigel
Yeh I get what you mean, the only thing is the person that will understand is the hiring manager whos back in the UK on holidays until 5th. So i've had to get in touch with the HR rep with regards to this negotiation...

Surely the Hiring manager being from here knows that is way too less for our standard of living? Should I say i'm going to wait until he comes back?
I dont mean to be offend, but it seems like you really want to take the job, even though you are happy with the UK one? Who would want to even consider taking a job in a company that nearly doubles its salary offer in the negotiations? If you read all the various replies you've had, you'll see that they know what they are talking about and all are suggesting you walk away.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

wwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud of

It's your life and you need to make up your mind based on the advantages and drawbacks. Below are some pros and cons for your consideration.

Pros - Experience in one of the world's Top 10 Airlines (good for your CV), good opportunities for travelling in the region and meeting up with colleagues and people from various countries around the globe, good chance to learn Arabic and appreciate the Islamic culture, no income tax, and getting you away from the boring life in the UK

Cons - low basic monthly salary (AED 8.5K; TCN workers earn less than half of this and survive happily), high children's school fees, high cost of living (depending on your lifestyle), being homesick, and missing something in life, e.g., food or favorite TV series.

Other people here might help add some more positives and negatives to the list.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 8:34 am
Just Joined

callmenigel is an unknown quantity at this point

@dfjordan no offense taken, I understand and yes I am happy with my job here in the UK but I do ultimately want a move to the Middle East, hence i'm doing what I can in regards to trying to negotiate a reasonable salary but getting guidance from you peeps already there

@wwinit - thanks for your input, much appreciated..