Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Please help! Finding job as a dentist in Dubai!

Please help! Finding job as a dentist in Dubai!

Old Aug 7th 2013, 1:44 am
Just Joined

144Brook is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Please help! Finding job as a dentist in Dubai!

Thanks for info! And good luck on the job hunt.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 9:49 am
Just Joined

MC82 is an unknown quantity at this point

DentistUK, I graduated from Liverpool 2009! Any luck working abroad??
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

dubaidentist is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! How is everyone getting along with dentist job stuff in Dubai? Let me know if I can help. I'm working in a nice polyclinic Dr K Medical Center in JLT!
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

More decent dentists the merrier I have been butchered on a root canal and neveR been in so much pain, far worse than the original tooth ache I went in with, popping feldene like smarties and no effect.
Please migrate with all your dentist colleagues to Dubai and then let me know where you are working lol
Old Mar 4th 2014, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Tockalosh, eeek that doesnt sound good. Hope you're feeling better! If you've got a swelling/infection you might need antibiotics!
Old Mar 4th 2014, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

No it wasn't good.
I am sure in the UK, I had antibiotics for the abscess and then the root canal was done but here, it was straight in.
Its taken 3 trips to sort out the original root canal and grind more bits away. Last night was first time pain free and the original work was done on Thursday !!
Now need to wait ten days for everything to settle before crown time with a different dentist.
Should have had the bladdy thing pulled out chop chop quick but ended up on a mission to save it
Old Mar 4th 2014, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

did watch a very good youtube clip of tooth being extracted by swiss army knife and a flat blade screwdriver up on Everest.

For sure that is not a good place to get an abscess and need a tooth pulling but the guy does a slick job and the girl doesnt flinch much either.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

Haha!! Glad youre feeling a bit of relief. Make sure there is no pain before you have the crown placed!
Old Apr 15th 2014, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

gwilson30019 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There,

Just joined this website but have been reading it over the past few weeks! Really interesting and helpful!

I graduated in 2012 and I am keen to move to Dubai to work as a general dentist.

I have been reading about the DHA exam/licence but was wondering if you could clarify some information for me?

1. Is the minimum of post graduate experience - before I can apply - 3 years?
2. How much does this process cost?
3. Is the exam completed in Dubai itself or are there locations in the UK?
4. Job prospects in Dubai?

Thank you so much in advance.

Gav
Old Apr 27th 2014, 11:38 am
Just Joined

saniee is an unknown quantity at this point

Please get yourself registered on UAE job sites like Bayt.com, monstergulf.com, naukrigulf.com, charterhouseme.com etc., You can also look at sites like Gulfnews.com (the local news paper)
Old Jul 21st 2014, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

orthodontist is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dubaidentist
Hi! How is everyone getting along with dentist job stuff in Dubai? Let me know if I can help. I'm working in a nice polyclinic Dr K Medical Center in JLT!

Hi Dubaidentist

Any advice on where to start apply for an orthodontist looking to relocate to Dubai?
Old Aug 4th 2014, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

Toobaab is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Can you help? Looking for position for dentist in Qatar or UAE

Hello,

I am new to this forum and am hoping to get help from you guys with regards to positions in Qatar and UAE.

I have wife and three lads (14, 8 and 4 years).

Can you helpful guys help? What websites and what to do? Do I need to go out there or try from here. I have some time as my eldest will be doing GCSE in 2 years time so do not want to uproot him unless the opportunity is too good to turn down.

Many thanks to all of you for taking the time reading this...

Regards

Aaquil
Old Aug 6th 2014, 6:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Over the period 1970-2011 I used a variety of dentists in KSA and Qatar. I never encountered one with a British background. Syrian, Egyptian, Filipino, Indian.....

UAE could be a different matter, but there is a huge differential in income expectations between UK dentists and those from Manila, Mumbai or Cairo.
Old Aug 12th 2014, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Toobaab is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear dubaidentist

I am really sorry for stealing your post. Instead of starting my own one I rather foolishly somehow wrote its as a reply on yours. Sorry about that.

Hope you get some joy with your aims. I am looking for something very similar but in mainly UAE not Dubai.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 3:05 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toobaab
I am really sorry for stealing your post. Instead of starting my own one I rather foolishly somehow wrote its as a reply on yours. Sorry about that.

I am looking for something very similar but in mainly UAE not Dubai.
You did start your own thread but I merged it with this one because it asks the same thing. Dubai is part of the UAE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.