Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Please help! Finding job as a dentist in Dubai!

Please help! Finding job as a dentist in Dubai!

Old Apr 3rd 2013, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

dubaidentist is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Please help! Finding job as a dentist in Dubai!

Hi! Just joined this website yesterday! Love it

Im looking for a job as a general dentist in Dubai, recently moved with my husband and live in JLT. I graduated from Newcastle university and have 3.5 years working experience.

Does anyone know if I need to do any exams?

Have been sending my CV's but no reply.

Thank you so much!! Any help is much appreciated. Going mad...
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 2:46 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help! Finding job as a dentist in Dubai!

Originally Posted by dubaidentist

Im looking for a job as a general dentist in Dubai, recently moved with my husband and live in JLT. I graduated from Newcastle university and have 3.5 years working experience.

Go into the surgeries and hand your CV to the staff there or at least talk to someone who will know what you have to do, E-Mail here is a waste of time. In Doha you have to be registered with the government and licenced to be a dentist or doctor that may be the case in Dubai.

Feel free to come to Doha and take my Wisdom teeth out of you like.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 3:00 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
In Doha you have to be registered with the government and licenced to be a dentist or doctor that may be the case in Dubai.
Article on the wireless about it yesterday, if you're not registered they're increasing the fine from 10,000 to 50,000 Dhm. There are at least 3 dentists in JLT could you not arrange to meet one of them for a chat?
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Thanks! I will try going in person to the practices. Is it possible to search for members on this website that might have been in a similar position? Maybe I could then message them directly?!
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 6:55 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! I will try going in person to the practices. Is it possible to search for members on this website that might have been in a similar position? Maybe I could then message them directly?!
Youngdoc is a tooth fairy. Not heard from him for a while though.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

144Brook is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi dubaidentist,
Wondering how you've made out trying to get licensed and employed? I'm a dentist also moving to Dubai soon and want to know how difficult it was and what job opportunities you have. Please let me know! Thanks
Old Jun 24th 2013, 8:16 am
Just Joined

Hi 144brook!

I applied online via the DHA website, submitted required documents and got told I need to sit a written exam. Am revising for it at the moment and hope to take it soon! Have been offered a job, so am waiting to pass the exam. There are job opportunities here, but easier if you are here in Dubai. I think most employers would take you on if you are licensed/passed the DHA exam! Type in Dubai job websites into google, and have a look at job vacancies - dubizzle, bayt, naukri, gulftalent. Hope that's useful! Good luck!
Old Jun 25th 2013, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

youngdoc is an unknown quantity at this point

would be interested to find out what the exam is like - is it the prometric online mcq test?
Old Jun 25th 2013, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

Yep I think it is! Did you take that one? What's it like lol?!
Old Jun 25th 2013, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Yes its a really stupid exam one question was what year was the electric toothbrush invented. Lol.
Its not really an exam id actively study for its more common sense than anything.
Where will you be working?
Old Jun 25th 2013, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Lol! Will google that now! Thanks, hope I pass it. I have been offered a job in JLT. Whereabouts do you work?
Old Jun 25th 2013, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Im in qatar. Make sure you read your contract carefully. Double check that you have a busy book. If you are building up a book from scratch you will really struggle. Dubai is saturated with dentists. Owners tend to really squeeze associates. Unless you are at an established practice with a proper list to take over, dont bother making the move. Sorry to be cynical but its only worth moving for the right opportunity.
Old Jul 15th 2013, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

dentistuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Dubaidentist, how are you finding things in Dubai? I graduated in 2009 from Liverpool and I've been considering moving to Dubai but have found it difficult finding info/ job opportunities. Did you have any private experience in the uk? I'd really appreciate any advice you can offer. I get the impression the best thing is to move, secure a job then apply for all the paperwork??
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 7:36 am
Just Joined

144Brook is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again DubaiDentist! I'm just finishing up the online licensing application and have been emailing my CV around. Got the same response as you. None! Of all the ones I sent out I only got one reply. And that was a rejection email! Oh well I hope that when I get there I find more opportunities. Will be able to do it all again in person in a couple of weeks when we get there.
Can you let me know how the test goes? Oh, and the first electric toothbrush was made in 1954!
Old Aug 6th 2013, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Hi, I worked in a mainly NHS practice with a little bit of private experience. I passed the DHA exam but now looking for a job - anyone know of a general dentist job in Dubai let me know!

I'm not sure but I think you could sit the prometric exam in UK? But you will need to apply via the DHA website first. Once you're application is approved, they will tell you to sit the exam.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.