KSA Job offer question

Old Jan 7th 2018, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

mkh278 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default KSA Job offer question

Hi all,

Thought it is better to create new thread rather than to continue by other topic.

Possible offer from one of financial institutions in Jeddah KSA. Just wanted to check with knowledgeable yourselves if some of the items are standard:
- is house cost of SAR80k reasonable for a family of 5;
- schooling - is it normal to cap the school fees to 75%;
- is there something called cost of living and dependant allowances;
- relocation payment - what is reasonable amount. Also is this amount supposed to be repayable back to the employer?
- what is end of service contribution levels?

Thanks
Old Jan 7th 2018, 5:25 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KSA Job offer question

I'd say they are being tight. The housing especially if you want to be on a compound.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 10:45 am
Just Joined

mkh278 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
I'd say they are being tight. The housing especially if you want to be on a compound.
Thanks.
What would be reasonable ask?
Any ideas on other points?
Old Jan 8th 2018, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Like all job offers, it all depends upon the overall package. If they are offering a higher than average salary, then lower allowances might not matter. My first company in the Gulf was quite open that they offered lower school allowances, but did pay a bit better, as they felt that that way you didn't benefit just because you had loads of children over those who had none (they also had a cap on how many children to whom they provided medical insurance).
Some companies will provide relocation allowances in cash, use it or keep it, others will only pay direct to shipping companies or against receipts etc. Some will provide additional allowances (cost of living etc), some will just wrap it all up in one or 2 larger elements. Unless you post the whole deal, salary included, I don't think anyone can provide you with useful comment about the individual elements.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by archie159
Unless you post the whole deal, salary included, I don't think anyone can provide you with useful comment about the individual elements.
What he says!