Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

New Job Abu Dhabi - Good Salary?

New Job Abu Dhabi - Good Salary?

Old Jul 1st 2013, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all
Default Re: New Job Abu Dhabi - Good Salary?

Originally Posted by davejones
Thanks everyone. Have to make my decision by the end of the week.

It seems that i will be able to live of this easily and save from all my research.

Out of curiosity is there are report anywhere showing average expat wages. Would like to know where i sit in terms of salary
http://www.morganmckinley.com/sites/...GuideFINAL.pdf
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

AirBender is an unknown quantity at this point

with only 6 years experience, its very reasonable.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 8:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Worth sharing but salary surveys from recruiters are pulled together in about an hour and so broad brush it's unbelievable.

I know, I've done loads of them...
Old Jul 4th 2013, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

davejones is an unknown quantity at this point

i have decided to take the job. We will see how we get on with one salary initially

thanks for all the advice guys, see you all soon
Old Jul 4th 2013, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

i have decided to take the job. We will see how we get on with one salary initially

thanks for all the advice guys, see you all soon
Congrats. Hope it all works out.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 10:59 am
Just Joined

rrasul is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

stumbled across this website when i was doing some research on Abu Dhabi

I have been offered a new role for a Multinational IT company and debating taking the role as i am unsure of the standard of living i will get out there. I am not familiar with wages etc

So i have been offered 36,000 AED per month, 2 flights home for my wife and I, 80% school fees paid (no kids yet though), medical for my wife and I. The wage includes housing allowance.

Is this a good salary for my wife and I to live off? She will start working when she gets here so taking he out of the equation is 36,000AED a good salary? I have 6 years experience in the IT industry.

Any help would be great as we have a good standard of living here and want to ensure we maintain that over there.
Hi Dave,

I wanted to get in touch to see how you are getting on out there. I have a similar number of years of experience and have been offered what I gather to be a reasonable package. I tried to send you a private message but could not because this is my first post on this site.

Regards,

RRasul