Need a Dubai job!!!!!!

Old May 15th 2016, 10:13 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need a Dubai job!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Maria2294
Thank you for replying. Can you guide me?
I really want to become an entrepreneur but I also know I have to work for someone else before u can work for myself. I want to go to Dubai into a finance or sales kind of job. I have experience and I am educated. However, I am struggling to write the right kind of cv.

HELP GUYS!!!!
Seriously, read the advice given. An RE degree and "helping out in sales" in your dad's company don't count as education and experience in the contex of getting a job in Dubai. How will what you've done put you in a position to add value to a prospective employer?

Having said that, there are / were estate agents working in AD and Dubai who were of the second-hand car salesman type, but that's not a good market to dive into just now. Plus, you're wrong about needing experience to become an entrepreneur: there are plenty of examples of those who jumped straight in. You know how Facebook started?

Do you know your strengths? Weaknesses? Can you sell me this pen?
Old May 17th 2016, 8:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for replying. Can you guide me?
I really want to become an entrepreneur but I also know I have to work for someone else before u can work for myself. I want to go to Dubai into a finance or sales kind of job. I have experience and I am educated. However, I am struggling to write the right kind of cv.

HELP GUYS!!!!
An entrepreneur doing what?

Generally entrepreneurs have a million ideas on the go at any time.

Working in a sales job, is rarely high on the entrepreneur's list.
Old May 17th 2016, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Livingthedream123 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you cant even write a CV which is a summary of your skills and experience without needing in depth articulation etc, how will you cut it in Dubai? As people have mentioned you need valuable experience for a company to hire you, pay your accommodation, you are competing with the best minds in the world.

You mention doing accountancy, if you complete your ACA and with 3-5 years experience you maybe eligible for junior roles there. A degree in RE also might not go down well for entry level roles.

Personally I am 30 and looking to get as much experience/qualification under my belt in the UK so I can apply for higher level jobs.
Old May 17th 2016, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Maria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of light

What do you think I should do?
Get a job in the uk first and what kind of job?
Old May 17th 2016, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Are you serious?!
Old May 17th 2016, 5:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

You are not ready for the Gulf.
Old May 18th 2016, 6:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should be an entrepreneur in the UK.

If I was you, I'd start by selling car aerials out of a van in London before moving into manufacturing computers and mobile phones.

Or potentially, I would go for crowd funding for a li-fi internet service in London's parks - provided through a system of top up cards to tourists.

Or maybe develop an app for couriers - along the lines of Uber.
Old May 18th 2016, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I feel bad for my previous reply. As others have said you're not ready for the Gulf.

You need a plan.

If I were you, I'd try and get on a decent grad-scheme with a blue chip employer. I was with RBS, learnt a lot, trained brilliantly and made some cash. After that, you can really do what you want to do.

Tescos, P&G, Investment Banks (RBS, Goldman, UBS etc), or the Big 4 accountants - all have excellent graduate schemes. They are hugely competitive and you need to know why you want to do them.

I would suggest doing three years on a grad scheme - learn something, maybe do a second degree (I became a CIMA accountant) and then use your new skills for something you want to do (and by then you will know). I moved to the Gulf when I was 29. Thinking back, I wouldn't have wanted to move any early (despite having an offer when I was around 26).

The GCC will eat you alive right now.
Old May 18th 2016, 8:33 am
Just Joined

Maria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of lightMaria2294 is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you so much for your help. Maybe I was a little to haste and just wanted to move to Dubai. But now I understand I need a plan and need to understand what I'm going to do and how. I will definitely take your advice and get on a grad- scheme. Thank you.
I just didn't know what to do I guess I'm just not good enough to move away yet. But I will work hard and definitely make it to Dubai.
Thank you
Old May 18th 2016, 8:45 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for your help. Maybe I was a little to haste and just wanted to move to Dubai. But now I understand I need a plan and need to understand what I'm going to do and how. I will definitely take your advice and get on a grad- scheme. Thank you.
I just didn't know what to do I guess I'm just not good enough to move away yet. But I will work hard and definitely make it to Dubai.
Thank you
Maria, it's not about your being "good enough", it's about having the experience and skills. You gotta learn to walk before you can run. Grad schemes aren't that easy to get on -- as Millhouse said, you need to know really well why you want to go on one, AND be able to persuade those vetting your application and interviewing you why they should give you a place. As we've all said, you need a plan -- that won't come about overnight.

"Take time to plan, then act quickly." Y. Inada
"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe." Abraham Lincoln
"You gotta learn to dance before you learn to crawl." Jim Steinman
Old May 18th 2016, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

Grad scheme or not you need to learn a skill which has some value and not everyone cane easily do, plus a big name employer(s) on your CV helps. Which is why I said ACCA or even CIMA are internationally recognised. But there is much more.

I personally am in banking did a grad scheme in Compliance but unsure if my skills will be relevant to Dubai as part of my knowledge if specific to UK regulations, but there are areas I work in which are universally applied by banks. Also I am taking Dubai regulatory papers in my spare time and regularly speak to professionals in our Dubai office doing my job.

Starting a business in the UK without any business grounding, experience or financial backup is almost impossible, and failing at it which most new entrepreneurs do does not look good.

Just out of interest, my friend has no qualifications and a bit of sales experience in the UK, how hard will it be for her to get a entry level job in high net shops or real estate etc and what type of salary can you expect?