Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

M&E Group in kuwait (advice needed)

M&E Group in kuwait (advice needed)

Old Aug 21st 2010, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

cabbagegreen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: M&E Group in kuwait (advice needed)

[QUOTE=spoilt1033;8789394]
Originally Posted by wedge6063
Hi all
my lovely bald bear is on his way out to you guys, (he left today and should be there fri morning) i would really appreciate it if you could let me know when he arrives safely!! he's gone with phone in tow but you know what it's like (signal/networks etc)..... good luck lads and have fun oh and Wedge we love ya loads and come back in one piece plz......
Thanks guys xx[/QUOTE

If he left thu night, he should be turning up anytime now, if you read this or have any questions, my names Keith and you'll find me in room 5, Block 9
not a happy cooky spoke to m&e on mon got my hopes up they said 15 moor going out phone back tue so i did and every day thou the week only to be told they were still waiting on a email yeh my arse
Old Aug 21st 2010, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

COOPER1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Evening Folks,

Yep me too, called the office everyday to be told exactly the same. And then I read on here that someone has got a call to go out leaving on Thursday.... So what really is going on?

I asked about the so called list and where I might possibly be on it, to be told there is no such list and if I am ready to go in 24 hours that I would be in high contention to go. My bags have been packed for weeks and still no call.

Tough call this as been turning down other jobs as my expectations where built up....... watch this space!!!!
Old Aug 21st 2010, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by COOPER1979
Good Evening Folks,

Yep me too, called the office everyday to be told exactly the same. And then I read on here that someone has got a call to go out leaving on Thursday.... So what really is going on?

I asked about the so called list and where I might possibly be on it, to be told there is no such list and if I am ready to go in 24 hours that I would be in high contention to go. My bags have been packed for weeks and still no call.

Tough call this as been turning down other jobs as my expectations where built up....... watch this space!!!!
hee wot ur saying this has cost me a good deal of money day off work to go get passport 130 for passport petrol to peterborough god knows how many phone calls must be about 300 pounds by now grrrrrrrrrrrr
Old Aug 21st 2010, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cabbagegreen
hee wot ur saying this has cost me a good deal of money day off work to go get passport 130 for passport petrol to peterborough god knows how many phone calls must be about 300 pounds by now grrrrrrrrrrrr
i think its wot they call being fobed off
Old Aug 21st 2010, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

COOPER1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am was kinda thinking that was the case to be honest.

I feel for you and everyone else who have taken the time and money just to be put on the back burner and never really be told the truth.

If I had been told that all the driver requirements had been filled from when I made first contact with M&E Group I might of not pursued it like I did and taken another very good opportunity with a haulage firm which have now filled all there driver requirements so muggins has lots out on that one too.....

I suppose I will just wait for the phone call.... if any!!!

If any boys in Kuwait do have any inside info with regards any additional driver being called up or boys coming home would really appreciate the heads up.

Good luck to you all.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

spoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nice

Originally Posted by COOPER1979
I am was kinda thinking that was the case to be honest.

I feel for you and everyone else who have taken the time and money just to be put on the back burner and never really be told the truth.

If I had been told that all the driver requirements had been filled from when I made first contact with M&E Group I might of not pursued it like I did and taken another very good opportunity with a haulage firm which have now filled all there driver requirements so muggins has lots out on that one too.....

I suppose I will just wait for the phone call.... if any!!!

If any boys in Kuwait do have any inside info with regards any additional driver being called up or boys coming home would really appreciate the heads up.

Good luck to you all.
Hi , Spoilt1033 here, wrote a while back that jobs would only be available if blokes were leaving, Sounds about right for M&E not to give you the full picture, the lads that are out here had same problems with passage of info (See earlier Messages).

As far as i'm aware, all Positions are full with M&E, but you could try TXM by sending email to Ian.tompsett@txm
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

LisaME is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Afternoon,

I work as a Consultant for M & E Group and have done for 4 years.

I have been reading with interest the comments that people have been posting ref HGV Drivers positions in Kuwait and would like to set the record straight on this matter.

As you can all appreciate when this vacancy was first advertised the response we had was phenomenal and we now have over 100 HGV Drivers who are Security cleared waiting to go out on this contract.

Under NO circumstances do we give people the incorrect information or "fob" them off as quoted in an earlier blog.

The latest update for these positions is that we have been informed that there maybe a further requirement out in Kuwait but all contractors who call in to the office are always told that there are NO promises or guarantees until we get an E-mail to confirm this.
If someone leaves we are replacing them with awaiting contractors and until we get the go ahead on the further positions unfortunately this is the best that we can offer.
We would like nothing more than to offer all you guys a position as this would make our jobs much more satisfactory!!!

There seems to be many rumours have spread regarding these vacancies and I suggest that if you have any questions about the positions you call M & E directly.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

spoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nice

Originally Posted by wedge6063
Hi all
my lovely bald bear is on his way out to you guys, (he left today and should be there fri morning) i would really appreciate it if you could let me know when he arrives safely!! he's gone with phone in tow but you know what it's like (signal/networks etc)..... good luck lads and have fun oh and Wedge we love ya loads and come back in one piece plz......
Thanks guys xx
Hi spoilt again, wedge is here and settling in
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LisaME
Good Afternoon,

I have been reading with interest the comments that people have been posting ref HGV Drivers positions in Kuwait and would like to set the record straight on this matter.

As you can all appreciate when this vacancy was first advertised the response we had was phenomenal and we now have over 100 HGV Drivers who are Security cleared waiting to go out on this contract.

Under NO circumstances do we give people the incorrect information or "fob" them off as quoted in an earlier blog.

The latest update for these positions is that we have been informed that there maybe a further requirement out in Kuwait but all contractors who call in to the office are always told that there are NO promises or guarantees until we get an E-mail to confirm this.
If someone leaves we are replacing them with awaiting contractors and until we get the go ahead on the further positions unfortunately this is the best that we can offer.
We would like nothing more than to offer all you guys a position as this would make our jobs much more satisfactory!!!

There seems to be many rumours have spread regarding these vacancies and I suggest that if you have any questions about the positions you call M & E directly.
hi lisa, I would like to answer your post,
dont know what the score is with the new guys applying as posted, and the info i have posted wasnt going on rumour, only on info from drivers leaving and Aron who said all vacancys/ slots were now filled. On subject of "Fobbing off" , the guys that came out here in the first batch were fobbed off quite a bit, been one of them, i should know (Keith Norton), we werent told the correct information and when we did ask, we couldnt get the information we asked for, i was under the impression that this was the reason AARON WAS MOVED INTO THE BLOCK so we would have better information direct. I cant speak for the guys applying to come out here and havent tried to, if you read the messages i have posted, there were all first hand of what i have gone through. Not Rumours!!!
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

wedge6063 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spoilt1033
Hi spoilt again, wedge is here and settling in
\I know thankyou...... i speak to him on skype....
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

wedge6063 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LisaME
Good Afternoon,

Hi
I'm the wife of one of the guys out in kuwait (he has only recently gone) and i would just like you guys at M&E (stourbridge) to know that your communication with Dave was fantastic..... I have also been reading the quotes on here and i have found them quite unbelievable!! Neil was Daves main communicator but any of you he spoke to were extremely helpful.
In todays climate i can only thankyou for giving him this opportunity and i'm sure you do wish that you could send more out there!
Thank you again M&E group...
Tara
Old Aug 24th 2010, 6:20 am
Just Joined

monster4149 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: M&E Group in kuwait (advice needed)

ello pal im on the list to go out with you and still waiting just read your reports and found them great thanks ..do we need to bring boot and work gear or do we get them issued out there and as from to days date 24/08/2010 has any more jacked yet .. im ringing in every few days but you never no may get a call soon .. keep up with the up date and again thanks .... steve
Old Aug 24th 2010, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by monster4149
ello pal im on the list to go out with you and still waiting just read your reports and found them great thanks ..do we need to bring boot and work gear or do we get them issued out there and as from to days date 24/08/2010 has any more jacked yet .. im ringing in every few days but you never no may get a call soon .. keep up with the up date and again thanks .... steve
hi, you need to bring your own boots and work gear, M&E supply hi-vis and a cap, coveralls are for later in year (winter time), but worth bringing half dozen pairs of trousers - light colour/cotton better - same with t/shirts or shirts. Shorts cant be worn on Camp Arifjan, only really for local or pool. Once you are badged for camp, you can buy more clothes / workwear / boots on camp or you can go to the local towns to shop, which ever you prefer - got my boots on camp - seem better, more comfy, but thats down to personnal choice, hope this helps
Old Aug 24th 2010, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

monster4149 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah cheer pal that help loads took ur advice about unlock the banks thanks hope to see you soon just depends on others now .how long you stay out there for i hear it may carry on til feb ??? and how have you gone on for fones and internet .
Old Aug 25th 2010, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by monster4149
yeah cheer pal that help loads took ur advice about unlock the banks thanks hope to see you soon just depends on others now .how long you stay out there for i hear it may carry on til feb ??? and how have you gone on for fones and internet .
hi, told it could be till feb,but nothing confirmed,not sure whether it will be end of november or feb (180 days allowed on base from 9th Jul 2010 on a visa 14, no limit on a visa 18 but not sure if company is planning to sort one out, doubtit, but vyou never know), you need to sort a phone out (bring an unlocked phone) and laptop with skype already installed (calls will be cheaper), internet is free (in with accommodation), you will probably need a local sim card - about 10 Dinar but thats down to personal choice, Ps dont be suprised if your bank has done nothing in relation to unlocking you card, i told my bank before i came out and they still didnt unlock it, i had to ring up to do it (£70)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.