Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

LoveTEFL Saudi and Education Experts Saudi (edex) latest 2014

LoveTEFL Saudi and Education Experts Saudi (edex) latest 2014

Old Nov 20th 2014, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Neilse is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry LoveTEFL Saudi and Education Experts Saudi (edex) latest 2014

After being pushed around the houses, finally been told today that there are no male visas with EdEx. They have lost their main contracts and also LoveTEFL have stopped working with them now. I have a CELTA and teaching experience, but a friend who went through LoveTEFL was sold his TEFL course for £295 on the basis that it would get him to Saudi before the end of the year and was the only one accepted by EdEx. It also seems unlikely that either of us will get our £500 "fully refundable deposit" back.

LoveTEFL have been complicit with EdEx London at every step, not telling candidates about the delays and allegedly making false promises about higher salaries if the deposit was paid within 24 hours, promising a choice of location and all this, just to sell their own overpriced TEFL course with no job at the end.

Education Experts have often lied to me relating to communication and just like many others I have been given the 'next week' run-around since early August. They are now telling me they need 30 days to refund my deposit and if I just hang on one more month, I will be in Saudi. Based on my experienced so far, I now fully believe the online reviews of how they treat you when you get there and 'want out'.

I just wondered if anyone else had been given the same news as me which is that they have not had any male visas since July and notwithstanding any further delays, they will start medicals for men in December and start placing men in January. Do you actually believe them?

Has anyone who has been recruited since July and is still in the UK managed to get their deposit back?
Old Nov 21st 2014, 4:29 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LoveTEFL Saudi and Education Experts Saudi (edex) latest 2014

http://britishexpats.com/forum/me-jo...xperts-840061/
Old Nov 21st 2014, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Office based in England? Take them to the small claims court. Check a thread on Daves about someone who did that and apparently won as they didn't take it seriously till the bailiffs walked into their offices and started removing things, leading to them writing a cheque.

EDIT: I'm repeating myself from that other thread. Well, it needs mentioning.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

AlanM1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have exactly the same experience. EDEX promised me a job in May 2014, they told me the start date was august. I had to pay £500 up front for health check and visa. I got no health check and no visa. This date arrived- nothing. They then informed me that it would be December. I asked for a refund. I have now had 3 emails stating different dates for the refund, last being Jan 23 2015. No refund. This company are taking money under false pretences and not refunding deposits. I tried the small claims court without success. but will ask the court to pursue this. Maybe as 'Beakersful' said it requires a visit from the bailiffs. A disgusting way to run a business and treat people.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

UK92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Report them to watchdog or them tv programmes that investigate conpanies operating like this?
Old Jan 29th 2015, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by UK92
Report them to watchdog or them tv programmes that investigate conpanies operating like this?
Not a bad idea. I think I will do exactly that. Thanks
Old Mar 25th 2015, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

pearls 5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey
I'm just trying to understand why they are messing about even when they have had ppl taking them very far! i.e courts etc

They sell you the info that you want to hear so you take the leap! lol but to be fair this isn't the only company that has a bad review, I'm not sure which one to trust.
They told me lots of stuff about why they weren't processing the visas etc but of course no answer would make sense! they blame other ppl for the delays when in fact they weren't doing anything at all.
I decided this company was just a joke and I decided to take my money back. But the problem is I haven't had anything yet....!!
Its unbelievable that this company is still running....

Has anyone had their refund? If so, how long did it take?

Thanks
Old Mar 26th 2015, 9:47 am
Just Joined

I have had so many promises of getting my deposit back but still waiting. I even tried the small claims court but they just ignored them.
Old Mar 26th 2015, 10:16 am
Just Joined

I have made many calls to him he just doesn't answer as he knows why I'm calling him! I just don't know how they WILL listen. Why would they ignore you if you've gone to the Small claims court as they know very well they are in breach of contract (misrepresentation) and they know they owe the money!?
This is annoying....When they wanted us to join the crew they would give their time to us and now they don't want to answer calls! I heard they have open days on Thursdays if anyone wants to go to see them....
Old Mar 26th 2015, 11:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pearls 5
I have made many calls to him he just doesn't answer as he knows why I'm calling him! I just don't know how they WILL listen. Why would they ignore you if you've gone to the Small claims court as they know very well they are in breach of contract (misrepresentation) and they know they owe the money!?
This is annoying....When they wanted us to join the crew they would give their time to us and now they don't want to answer calls! I heard they have open days on Thursdays if anyone wants to go to see them....
I intend to post as many messages about them as possible in as many places as possible. They ignore the small claims court because they (SCC) dont have much power, they can only send letters and ask them to respond.

I am in Vietnam now but will be returning to Uk in May and will definitely be going to see them open day or not. If you want to join me send your email and we'll stay in touch.

Btw I have just finished working for a decent company in Saudi and they will be recruiting soon for next academic year. The place where the work is, is a bit remote, but the salary is decent, get paid on time, etc. I know they will be looking for ESL teachers, they couldn't fill their last quota, so if you are interested send me your details and I'll put you in touch, or we just have chat first.
Old Mar 26th 2015, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

I'm seeking legal action because it is absolutely unfair for them to treat us like this! Tbh Im so disappointed with them, I'm trying to get out of this catch and then maybe if in the near future I intend then I will consider it. But many thanks for your kindness.
Old Mar 28th 2015, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

You expect "Fairness" from them ? Be realistic !
Old Mar 28th 2015, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scot47
You expect "Fairness" from them ? Be realistic !
Well when they get u caught in, they will be "fair" but its only a way to get candidates... If we have been fair they should do the same. Ive learnt thats not the case! They are a scam and the companys a fraud....it seems like uv experienced the unprofessionalism too lol
Old Mar 28th 2015, 1:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

17 years working in KSA showed me the tricks of a few shysters.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Neilse
After being pushed around the houses, finally been told today that there are no male visas with EdEx. They have lost their main contracts and also LoveTEFL have stopped working with them now. I have a CELTA and teaching experience, but a friend who went through LoveTEFL was sold his TEFL course for £295 on the basis that it would get him to Saudi before the end of the year and was the only one accepted by EdEx. It also seems unlikely that either of us will get our £500 "fully refundable deposit" back.

LoveTEFL have been complicit with EdEx London at every step, not telling candidates about the delays and allegedly making false promises about higher salaries if the deposit was paid within 24 hours, promising a choice of location and all this, just to sell their own overpriced TEFL course with no job at the end.

Education Experts have often lied to me relating to communication and just like many others I have been given the 'next week' run-around since early August. They are now telling me they need 30 days to refund my deposit and if I just hang on one more month, I will be in Saudi. Based on my experienced so far, I now fully believe the online reviews of how they treat you when you get there and 'want out'.

I just wondered if anyone else had been given the same news as me which is that they have not had any male visas since July and notwithstanding any further delays, they will start medicals for men in December and start placing men in January. Do you actually believe them?

Has anyone who has been recruited since July and is still in the UK managed to get their deposit back?
Hi Neilse
A quick question....as you have decided to move from this company, have you now received your refund? How long did you wait for your refund?
thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.