::Looking for info:SYRIA::

Old Apr 12th 2011, 9:22 pm
Akh
Just Joined

Akh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ::Looking for info:SYRIA::

Originally Posted by norsk

Essentially why move to a war-zone unless you're getting compensated for the security situation?

The other point which would stop me is of course that Syria is full of...Syrians!!
Hmmm...well,...why move anywhere? People always go on about "be afraid"...you know? In America, the people are rife with it...
I guess I'm just not as afraid of things as most people and I really believe I'll be fine...and if I get blown up or something...I'll still be fine.

It sounds to me like you're describing Libya, not Syria.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 9:30 pm
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Akh
Hmmm...well,...why move anywhere? People always go on about "be afraid"...you know? In America, the people are rife with it...
I guess I'm just not as afraid of things as most people and I really believe I'll be fine...and if I get blown up or something...I'll still be fine.

Where do you live right now? and have you ever lived in a country with civil unrest before?
I have just left Yemen, I wasn't afraid but there is acceptable levels of risk for everyone, why play in the middle of the motorway just to say you did it?
Old Apr 13th 2011, 8:05 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'll swap you Beijing for Abu Dhabi, which at least will get you within spitting difference. Are you leaving Beijing by choice? I'm trying to get there...
Old Apr 13th 2011, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I'll swap you Beijing for Abu Dhabi, which at least will get you within spitting difference. Are you leaving Beijing by choice? I'm trying to get there...
me too. Having just got back from my "BJ induction" (as it was known internally) - I would move there in a shot. Hard to get the packages to work though as housing is silly money.

pollution is a bit messy though it must be said.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 12:45 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

...within spitting difference...
I theem to have developed a lithp.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 1:05 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Akh

No one is going to stop you going to live in Syria, all I am saying is that you're kind of going against the flow. Nothing wrong with that, but I think most of the people on the bored would have trouble justifying a move to a country which is potentially going to implode in the near future.

I guess the key question is how do you know that Syria will not turn into the next Libya?
Old Apr 13th 2011, 1:06 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by norsk
I guess the key question is how do you know that Syria will not turn into the next Libya?
Because its got ****-all oil.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Because its got ****-all oil.
got gas though

I don't see it becoming another Libya - too close to Iran to send the UN in there.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 1:21 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
got gas though

I don't see it becoming another Libya - too close to Iran to send the UN in there.
I was actually thinking more about escalation of violence to the point where it resembles civil war. Forget about UN for now. As you say Syria is too close to Iran for comfort..
Old Apr 13th 2011, 2:02 pm
Hit 16's

My point about it not having oil is that on the one hand the govt will wield all its might to crush dissent, and on the other hand the West isn't particularly interested in fomenting that dissent. Ergo status quo.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 2:23 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

My point about it not having oil is that on the one hand the govt will wield all its might to crush dissent, and on the other hand the West isn't particularly interested in fomenting that dissent. Ergo status quo.
well. time will show..

to be honest this revolution and protesting thing is getting a bit old
Old Apr 13th 2011, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I reckon the sanctions will just come back and we'll pretend the place just doesn't exist.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 12:19 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Fools rush in.............
Old Apr 21st 2011, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Guys dont be harsh on her

Tefl or Tesl teachers generally tend to have *****ed up personalities who have had relationship problems that they can't get over and so run away on shit paid jobs on the other side of the planet.

They generally are a strange bunch of folks who enjoying shagging locals especially arabs and persians. Strange but sadly true
Old Apr 21st 2011, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
They generally are a strange bunch of folks who enjoying shagging locals especially arabs and persians. Strange but sadly true
Whats so sad about that? I like a bit of abnormal behaviour..it's so boring with everyone just shagging their 'own' kind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.