Job offer in Saudi Arabia

Old Dec 1st 2016, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

mustaqueahmed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job offer in Saudi Arabia

Hi
Hope someone can help. I read the post of S Irfan and my situation is a little similar. I have been offered a job in KSA and waiting for contract now. I am ACCA qualified and a full member now FCCA. I did not go university but did the ACCA oxford Brooke's degree but this is classified as distance learning. The job is all finance related in the accounting department senior position. My family are not re-locating but I would like them to get family visa so they can come and visit during holiday.
My question is:
1. Will the FCCA certificate be attested to get the work visa for me
2. Do you know if the degree is ok or they don't consider distance learning
3. Will the FCCA attested certificate be enough to take my family over.

S irfan - would be really interested to hear where your husband got to with your situation.
Thanks
Old Dec 3rd 2016, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job offer in Saudi Arabia

The Saudis do not accept distance learning, but the rule in Saudi is that the rules are flexible. It is a "wasta"-based society not a rule-nased society. ("Wasta is influence, connections, the old school tie)
Old Dec 4th 2016, 6:37 am
Just Joined

mustaqueahmed is an unknown quantity at this point

been making a number of calls to few agents in UK. Mix answers. Lot of them are saying it is fine one of them checked the approve list of universities and degrees said it's fine and 2/3 said no.
All of them agreed FCCA is fine though
Old Dec 4th 2016, 7:59 am
Just Joined

mrocd is on a distinguished road

Hey, I've been stuck in a similar situation for the past few months. Got my ACCA membership approved by the relevant authorities - Saudi Culture UK, Saudi Embassy UK, MOFA Saudi - but the Government Services department of my company claimed it was no good: sorry, Saudis only recognize degrees. Following that logic, I'm not sure if an FCCA would work.
Old Dec 4th 2016, 8:01 am
Just Joined

mrocd is on a distinguished road

Also, up until June, the Oxford Brookes degree was being attested by Saudi Culture UK. However, since then, they've been classifying it as 'distance learning' (which it is), putting us ACCA folk in a bit of a pickle. This is according to what one of the reliable agents told me.