Job Offer on Hold at HMC

Old Sep 25th 2014, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Tacbaanimo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job Offer on Hold at HMC

Hi All,

I was interviewed and offered a role at Hamad back in May.
My offer letter came in August, which I have accepted and sent back.

But in the process of getting all the paperwork together for the visa, I've now been informed that all HR processing at HMC are on hold because of Qatarization. And that all job offers are under review.

Does anyone know what the current situation is at HMC with the Qatarization policy? What I've been recruited to do is fairly niche, and I'd be involved in setting up a new project. I don't quite understand why it would be affected by this policy?
Old Sep 25th 2014, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

Zarababe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job Offer on Hold at HMC

It would appear that qatarisation, is leading to visa's being refused for the type of contract that you likely signed. Your offer should have come under what they call the 'admin' HR category, instead you were offered a contract likely in the clinical category, which carries more favourable terms, for expats. The ministry is now equating project manager roles in the admin category and have told HMC that they should have offered HR contracts , which brace yourself... Are 30.% less in value to the other category.

This has serious ramifications for HMC recruitment, as offers are being downgraded in line with that percentage, also the HR offers are not competitive, and will put off a lot waiting for offers or having them reviewed. I understand this will also affects expats in HMC already, as they are being deemed as employed on the wrong contracts.

I have been informed that HMC's CEO is meeting with senior ministers next week, to obtain exemption for HMC from this stipulation, for obvious reasons.

I suggest we all pray that he is successful and sense prevails.
Old Sep 25th 2014, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much for your detailed answer, Zarababe.
You gave me a lot more info than the HR department did. I guess there's nothing to do except wait for the verdict next week.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

shake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really nice

Thank you for the details. I have been waiting on my visa for the past 4 months and HR has not been able to share any details. It is a project manager role so I guess is impacted as well. I guess time to starr looking elsewhere.
Old Oct 10th 2014, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

shake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really niceshake2000 is just really nice

I guess everyone is still waiting on this....
Old Oct 14th 2014, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

@shake2000 I've been told by HR that discussions are still on going between HMC and the powers that be. So I guess we just carry on waiting... :/
Old Oct 15th 2014, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

hmm negotiating with the government with no real impacts or deadlines... this will take forever.
On a positive note, you should be happy your HR contact replies back, mine has not in over a month....
Old Oct 19th 2014, 9:05 am
Just Joined

I have an update, some 'persons' have been removed from their positions in HR. HMC should have applied for exemptions when the qatarization programme first came in, like other companies, including private ones did. They missed a crucial trick, not surprising given how inefficiently their HR operates.

I understand that the person appointed to handle PM type contracts/offers is now lobbying the relevant ministry to try and gain exemptions where required, for competitive offers. Let's see what happens and when.

There is a lot of uncertainty at the moment on timescales etc, as previously stated this impacts on those already in HMC on the 'wrong' contracts. So not sure how long this could take.
Old Oct 19th 2014, 10:32 am
Just Joined

Neph is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum. Just want to ask if this also affects other hospitals?. Just got a discouraging message from my recruiter a few weeks ago, they just told me its on hold and that they cannot give a precise timeline.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Zarababe for the update, please keep us posted on whatever you hear.

Neph - Sadly, it probably will. From what I know, it is a government Ministry that is looking into this. I believe we can safely assume they will be applying the same process across all hospitals.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Thank you again Zarababe! You've been so helpful, I hope you get some good Karma your way soon It's actually quite hilarious that somebody at one of Qatar's biggest employers forgot to apply for an exemption. I'm questioning whether I even want to go now :/
Old Oct 27th 2014, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Any updates to share? Wondering is this will ever get resolved.
Old Oct 28th 2014, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

I've got an update from my HR contact to say that all admin roles are still on hold pending discussions with Ministry of Administrative Development and that it doesn't look like it will be resolved soon.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

Interesting as I was told the complete opposite today. I was told it is almost resolved and should hopefully not be much long now... someone must be having a good laugh reading this.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

I've been told that the ministry has lifted the 'hold' on administrative recruitment, and this is underway again. I am awaiting a more detailed update next week and will post more info if possible soon. As suggested by Shake2000, looks like thing could be on the move again.

But don't hold yer breadth !

Last edited by Zarababe; Oct 31st 2014 at 12:44 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.