Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job discussion topic for Islamic University Madinah

Job discussion topic for Islamic University Madinah

Old Aug 21st 2015, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Job discussion topic for Islamic University Madinah

Would you not be better posting on a site that uses Urdu ? Clearly your grasp of written English is rather weak.

eg from one of your posts

"But one of my colligue just got job in jubail industrial college and he just join that college if they can arrange the visa then why not they can? At least they should clear us our status."

Do you feel that is an adequate level of English to cope with teaching through Englihs medium ?

Last edited by scot47; Aug 21st 2015 at 5:23 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2015, 4:04 pm
Banned

kash1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scot47
Maybe his written English is better than yours ?
Again this is not the medium on which I could answer your stupid questions. I think english is not the criteria of checking anyone knowledge . So its better to stick with the forum topic rather then giving such statements.
Old Aug 21st 2015, 4:07 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kash1234
Again this is not the medium on which I could answer your stupid questions. I think english is not the criteria of checking anyone knowledge . So its better to stick with the forum topic rather then giving such statements.
Your English grammar is demonstrably poor. Grammar must surely be one of the criteria when attempting to employ someone who would wish to be a lecturer at a university where they are not teaching in their native language but in English.
Old Aug 21st 2015, 5:03 pm
Banned

MrXYX is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear All,

I have contacted a Prof at the university and according to him it the merging of the Saudi Education Ministry with Saudi Higher Education Ministry which is causing delay. He never mentioned about cancellation or rejection of visas for the post of a Lecturer.

Brother Kash123 please do not pay attention to what people say about your English but at least you have guts to talk and communicate in the language which is not your mother tongue.

I work and live in a English speaking country and sorry to say that about half of the population does not know difference between Quite and Quiet.....People do not know what grammar is.....
Old Aug 21st 2015, 5:12 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrXYX
Brother Kash123 please do not pay attention to what people say about your English but at least you have guts to talk and communicate in the language which is not your mother tongue.
No please DO pay attention, what is the name of this site? Oh let me see it is BritishExpats. I realise that there are many members who by no conceivable stretch of the imagination could be considered British, but they are welcome guests nonetheless. However I (as a moderator) draw the line at mangled, unintelligible attempts to communicate in this sites ONLY language.
I work and live in a English speaking country and sorry to say that about half of the population does not know difference between Quite and Quiet.....People do not know what grammar is.....
That does not make any excuse for poor attempts at English on this site. Unless, of course you, MrXYZ, believe that it mitigates things? If so then I will happily show you the door marked EXIT. I hope I am making myself perfectly clear to you and your 'brothers' who appear to all have very recently joined this site.
Old Aug 21st 2015, 5:16 pm
Account Closed

Post Script - I personally am astonished at the quality of the language used by recent posters on this site in a thread which is supposed to be for persons who wish to be lecturers at universities. For goodness sake buck your ideas up and start posting in English which makes sense to native English speakers. How people from other countries are supposed to interpret your gibberish I have no idea!
Old Aug 21st 2015, 5:35 pm
Banned

Truth1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikewot
Post Script - I personally am astonished at the quality of the language used by recent posters on this site in a thread which is supposed to be for persons who wish to be lecturers at universities. For goodness sake buck your ideas up and start posting in English which makes sense to native English speakers. How people from other countries are supposed to interpret your gibberish I have no idea!
:-) I am not a British. But like to add a few points:

1. Islamic University in Madinah is not like Oxford. It doesn't aim to be like that - it's a different kind of environment. Perhaps, some selected people have some other qualities that cannot be expressed in English here.
2. The university may have other criteria for selection which won't be satisfied only with a "British" identity or expertise in "English" language.

Though the site is BritishExpats, the topic is about Islamic University (where Arabic is still the dominant language). I do hope that some "brothers" would have better English, including that of mine (if a native speaker understands what I am typing), however in technical fields, i.e., Science and Engineering, this language issue is often ignored. Publications are often proof-read via some channel and still, that method works in profession.

In my life, I found excellent Korean and Japanese Professors who could not write proper English yet reached a level that is recognized in the globe. A sample real-life incident:

One day a Professor decided to cancel his class. So, he wrote an email to all foreign students:
"Tomorrow's class is destroyed."

Another time, a Korean guy in a university was cooking something. When he was asked what he was doing, he replied, after thinking for a while,

"I am manufacturing rice!"

These guys are now big professors in the academia. I doubt those who are questioning this single factor have at all any prestigious university experience (which is in a non-native English speaking environment).
Old Aug 21st 2015, 5:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Truth1
Though the site is BritishExpats, the topic is about Islamic University (where Arabic is still the dominant language).
Perhaps you miss the point. This is a BRITISH site intended for British people. It can be acceptable for other nationalities to seek assistance. However this is not at the expense of over running the site with their requests and, as I have previously pointed out, I expect decent standard English, irrespective of what other websites or universities around the world may consider acceptable.

Am I being crystal clear now? Does anyone still fail to understand what is acceptable behaviour?
Old Aug 21st 2015, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The tone of some of the posts is unfortunate. The attitude seems to be that the Saudi Administration in the Islamic University has a duty to offer employment to these "Muslim Brothers".
Old Aug 21st 2015, 7:02 pm
Banned

kash1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear All,

I have contacted a Prof at the university and according to him it the merging of the Saudi Education Ministry with Saudi Higher Education Ministry which is causing delay. He never mentioned about cancellation or rejection of visas for the post of a Lecturer.

I work and live in a English speaking country and sorry to say that about half of thepopulation does not difference between Quite and Quiet.....People do not know what grammar is.....
rightly said my brother. thanks for your support . I think technical knowledge is more important.
Old Aug 21st 2015, 7:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kash1234
rightly said my brother. thanks for your support . I think technical knowledge is more important.
It does not matter what you think, we expect correct English on this site. End of 'debate'.
Please feel free to start an alternative website to this one if our rules do not suit your 'style'.
Old Aug 21st 2015, 7:15 pm
Account Closed

Already this evening 3 'brothers' have overstayed their welcome on this site. If anyone else wants to challenge the moderators then feel free to knock yourselves out. My patience has worn thin.
Old Aug 26th 2015, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

immi786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Did anyone get visa information from IUM after job offer acceptance, for any faculty position ?
Thanks
Old Aug 26th 2015, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

syed123 is an unknown quantity at this point

No..still waiting.
Old Aug 28th 2015, 4:02 am
Banned

Tobepious is an unknown quantity at this point

mikewot, if you can't handle it don't delete.. just sayin'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.