Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job discussion topic for Islamic University Madinah

Job discussion topic for Islamic University Madinah

Old Aug 14th 2015, 6:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Job discussion topic for Islamic University Madinah

Islamic Fatalism !

Your friends in Medina said that they would do something but they did not. And they can excuse themselves by saying "It was Allah's Will !"
Old Aug 15th 2015, 3:20 am
Banned

Truth1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scot47
Islamic Fatalism !

Your friends in Medina said that they would do something but they did not. And they can excuse themselves by saying "It was Allah's Will !"
I am new here - read sequence of posts. My brothers in Madinah did not say they would do something within this time but they informed me clearly about possible long processing time (which I am ready for) and that they would do their part. There are two things: Taqdir (pre-decree), Tadbir (own effort). I did my part, they would do their part and all would happen if and only if Allah permits the time. None of us guarantees who would live and who would leave earth.

What I find most interesting is the fact that you are so anxious for us to get the job officially, apart from your kind of taunting tone. The forum is to check what the status of another is and I am happy if anyone gets through the process. You may rather watch how it goes and I doubt your patience. A Muslim is a man of patience and he submits to the Will of Allah either way this goes. Why is this your concern and why you want to inject your messages here? Will it benefit you anything if you spend time here with the Muslim brothers' conversations? Just contribute to your own works, laugh at yourself before others laugh at you, and know that Muslims would get what indeed is willed by Allah - likewise, you'd get or not get things, either you recognize this or not.
Old Aug 15th 2015, 3:23 am
Banned

Originally Posted by mikewot
ROFL This is why 'muslims' will not get off their backsides and take action, instead it's oh but its allahs will blah blah blah. Truly What to do Yanni?
:-) I have taken my action to check other brothers who are in line for the same process or similar process. Indeed, it is Allah's will!

I liked the line shown below your post, "Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is only painful for others. The same applies when you are stupid. "
Old Aug 15th 2015, 4:24 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truth1
:-) I have taken my action to check other brothers who are in line for the same process or similar process. Indeed, it is Allah's will!
So let me just check the logic here. It is nothing to do with people doing their jobs, processing the paperwork etc. It is decided by some mythic otherwordly being?

Did you know that here in the ME there are campaigns ongoing to dissuade the fatalistic 'its allahs will' mindset. As an example driving. People are being told collisions are nothing to do with Allah, it is your human choice if you drive too close or too fast etc.
Old Aug 15th 2015, 4:38 am
Banned

So let me just check the logic here. It is nothing to do with people doing their jobs, processing the paperwork etc. It is decided by some mythic otherwordly being?

Did you know that here in the ME there are campaigns ongoing to dissuade the fatalistic 'its allahs will' mindset. As an example driving. People are being told collisions are nothing to do with Allah, it is your human choice if you drive too close or too fast etc.
Everybody thinks he is the most correct from his own perspective. I understand that you want me to enter a debate that would eventually produce nothing but hatred towards each other even in a deeper scale and each of us would cling to our point of view more vehemently.

A Muslim has the certain belief that (rizq) sustenance, every bit of it, comes from Allah. He could try for a thing but it won't happen if Allah does not permit him to have. There are two things again: Will and Capability. Someone (a human being) who has will but does not have capability, won't get a thing. Someone who has capability but no will won't get that thing. Someone who has both will and capability could try for a thing and then that is also regulated by the time (earthy time) that Allah allows him or not. So, ultimately, it is within a controlled domain where a human being can do his part with his will and capability but does not guarantee it. A human being wills only if Allah Wills. Allah's Will means granting the will, the capability, and the time for the human being.

Yes, we Muslims believe this and it does not bother us if one does not recognize this. I would be responsible for what I could do and not for those things that I cannot do. I cannot control what you'd reply to me but I can control mine. Again, you or me would either reply or stop here based on the will and capability given to us. Of course, if Allah allows the time - if He wills. Got it?

We are straying away from the main topic. I just clarified a bit for our understanding and it won't bother me if you have not understood and I am convinced that I understood. Thank you.

And, yes, this "convinced" has no proof except in my heart - from my own perspective that is very inner-side of me. You cannot rationalize the emotional stance of a heart.
Old Aug 15th 2015, 4:41 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Everybody thinks he is the most correct from his own perspective. I understand that you want me to enter a debate that would eventually produce nothing but hatred towards each other even in a deeper scale and each of us would cling to our point of view more vehemently.
You misunderstand, I am simply asking for some logic but as you state it is your belief which answers the question sufficiently.
As you also state the thread is being derailed, but it is interesting that you only appear to have joined to respond to a couple of posts.
Old Aug 15th 2015, 4:45 am
Banned

You misunderstand, I am simply asking for some logic but as you state it is your belief which answers the question sufficiently.
As you also state the thread is being derailed, but it is interesting that you only appear to have joined to respond to a couple of posts.
:-) Insha-Allah, I'll join the faculty in Islamic University in Madinah. O my brother in humanity, I respect your concern.
Old Aug 15th 2015, 11:49 am
Banned

MrXYX is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mike,
I think you like blowing things out of proportion.
Unfortunately I don't have time being to defend and I don't think there is any need for it.
Old Aug 15th 2015, 11:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MrXYX
Unfortunately I don't have time being to defend and I don't think there is any need for it.
No one is seeking a defence, only some logic You are entitled to your opinion, it's what the bored is for.
Old Aug 15th 2015, 12:00 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by MrXYX
Hi Mike,
I think you like blowing things out of proportion.
Each time issues are raised, we benefit from each other's knowledge and ideas. It's a good thing indeed. We do not need to spend time (if no extra) for arguments but what we are interested in is to know what another brother's current status is. Please keep this thread on and if anyone of us proceeds with the contract and visa, kindly do let all others know. This is the hajj time coming and there are huge number of visa processing works. No other country does similar kind of work with so many visas within a specific time window - it's indeed a huge responsibility. Hence, be patient and have taqwa of Allah. I'd be truly happy if any brother gets it easy and joins the team insha-Allah within the quickest possible time. The other guys who are trying to find some logic and information from here are also good contributors to this thread. As Muslims, we need to check our own status as well (they reminded us good things), why people keep shouting "Ummah" and find problems in everything when each one starts counting Ummah from himself first (his own body is the first one) - the Ummah person number 1!
Old Aug 15th 2015, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I am trying to present to you and your Muslim brothers the way I see things. My experience of 20 years in the Middle East led me to believe that the philosophy of "Inshallah" is very often used to justify inaction or incompetence.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 3:38 am
Just Joined

syed123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Asalamu Alikum,

I'm from India and got selected in Faculty of Engineering department as a lecturer.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

MSHQ is an unknown quantity at this point

I am new here - read sequence of posts. My brothers in Madinah did not say they would do something within this time but they informed me clearly about possible long processing time (which I am ready for) and that they would do their part. There are two things: Taqdir (pre-decree), Tadbir (own effort). I did my part, they would do their part and all would happen if and only if Allah permits the time. None of us guarantees who would live and who would leave earth.

What I find most interesting is the fact that you are so anxious for us to get the job officially, apart from your kind of taunting tone. The forum is to check what the status of another is and I am happy if anyone gets through the process. You may rather watch how it goes and I doubt your patience. A Muslim is a man of patience and he submits to the Will of Allah either way this goes. Why is this your concern and why you want to inject your messages here? Will it benefit you anything if you spend time here with the Muslim brothers' conversations? Just contribute to your own works, laugh at yourself before others laugh at you, and know that Muslims would get what indeed is willed by Allah - likewise, you'd get or not get things, either you recognize this or not.
Dear fellows,

scot47 is a nice person and his contributions to this forum are immense. I truly benefited from his wise suggestions and guidance when I was in same phase as all of you are right now.

I personally believe that his comments are to highlight the embarrassing situation which we all face when wait to get a job offer. He is right in that sense. Instead of criticism, we all must face the simple fact that the way the affairs are dealt in many Muslim countries are not nice by any standards.

We all respect each other despite having difference of opinion.

Best regards,
Old Aug 18th 2015, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

MSHQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by syed123
Asalamu Alikum,

I'm from India and got selected in Faculty of Engineering department as a lecturer.

Walaikum Assalam,

I am sorry to inform you that according to my information, the Ministry of Labor has refused to issue any VISAS for Lecturer positions at Islamic University Madinah. Assistant Professor and higher are granted VISAS.

Faculty of Engg might announce these positions again next year or apply for VISAS again for selected candidates after some time.

regards
Old Aug 18th 2015, 8:14 am
Just Joined

immi786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MSHQ
Walaikum Assalam,

I am sorry to inform you that according to my information, the Ministry of Labor has refused to issue any VISAS for Lecturer positions at Islamic University Madinah. Assistant Professor and higher are granted VISAS.

Faculty of Engg might announce these positions again next year or apply for VISAS again for selected candidates after some time.

regards
Dear MSHQ,
The Ministary of labour has rejected Lecturer visas for Faculty of Engineering only or for all also Computer science faculty.
Please do confirm if you have any knowledge or if possible ask anyone from computer science faculty members .
I shall be highly obliged .

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.