Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Recruitment process for an assistant professor in KFUPM

Recruitment process for an assistant professor in KFUPM

Old Apr 27th 2017, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Candi2017 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recruitment process for an assistant professor in KFUPM

I had an interview in December 2016 for Assistant Professor In Civil Engineering in kfupm University in Saudi Arabia and the search committee told me they will contact me soon. Until now no responses, and I have sent them mail to know the status of my candidature but no answer also. I would be glad if somenone can inform me in the time to wait for an answer after an interview? also on the salary and package offered?
Thanks.
Old Apr 30th 2017, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recruitment process for an assistant professor in KFUPM

Time in the Saudi context is different from in other parts of the world. Nothing is immediate or urgent.
Old May 1st 2017, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

Thank you scot47 for response.
According to your experience with Kfump and Saudi, Do I have to wait again or not? because I already have other opportunities in Canada and an interview with a Canadian university planned in a next month?
Old May 1st 2017, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Saudi is full of Pakistani "muhajireen" dreaming of emigrating to Canada.

My advice is go directly to Canada. At least after a few years you can become a citizen,. that will not happen in KSA.

Last edited by scot47; May 1st 2017 at 8:15 pm.
Old May 2nd 2017, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

I m already Canadian with an arabic origin. Actually I work as Postdoctoral fellow after obtaining my phd 2 years ago. I need to change the air and live a little experience in saudi arabia (making hajj and lot of Omras InchAllah)
Old May 3rd 2017, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Are you doing this for your career or for religious reasons ?
Old May 3rd 2017, 9:12 am
Just Joined

For religious reasons firstly and career also (I think KFUMP is a good University that encourages the research and gives funding especially for the engineering)
Old May 3rd 2017, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If your priority is to do to Haj and Umra you can do that as a pilgrim. Why should you expect the Saudi Government to give you a job to make it easier for you ?