Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old Jun 6th 2017, 2:18 am
Just Joined

yorihisa19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Originally Posted by bchong1989
Senior Associate / Associate role. I had heard they are trying to hire 1-2 of each. Any idea on why the turnover? I assume there would be some every 1-2 years for people who would like to head back to the US.
From my conversation with a friend who worked there, they are more focused on asset management recently given how high the RE prices have been. So people who wanted deal experience might not find it meeting their expectation. And apparently it would be hard to exit while you are working there and you would need to quit first and come back to the US to find a new job....Have you heard anything on the exit aspect?

Also quite a few people told me it is important to make sure you get staffed on the right team if you want direct experience...

Would you mind sharing some of your background? Also is your AD trip in early August or mid August?

Last edited by yorihisa19; Jun 6th 2017 at 2:29 am.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

bchong1989 is an unknown quantity at this point

Graduated from a top 10 US College. Played professional water polo in Europe while working in M&A for a company. Came back to the US and have spent the last 3 years in REPE.

For exit opps I would assume it would be back to REPE or another SWF. I got my next job while I was still in Europe and it wasn't hard to find a job coming back as I had several offers. Obviously not ideal but I think my background is very unique compared to others.

I am going mid August.

Last edited by bchong1989; Jun 6th 2017 at 1:25 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

dg2u is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone.. new to the forum, the info here has been super helpful.

In my case i had a telephonic round with the hiring manager and was then referred to a recruiter to run the process.... the recruiter got in touch with me and i shared my details with them. Post which the recruiter came back and said they want to take it forward.... that was 45 days ago and i still await the next steps....

Can someone share if the hiring has slowed down or any other reason why its this slow? oh I'm recruiting for an investments role.
Old Aug 5th 2017, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dg2u
Hi Everyone.. new to the forum, the info here has been super helpful.

In my case i had a telephonic round with the hiring manager and was then referred to a recruiter to run the process.... the recruiter got in touch with me and i shared my details with them. Post which the recruiter came back and said they want to take it forward.... that was 45 days ago and i still await the next steps....

Can someone share if the hiring has slowed down or any other reason why its this slow? oh I'm recruiting for an investments role.
I wouldn't worry. 45 days is not that long to wait. The whole hiring process can easily take 9 months or more from initial contact to start date.

Over Summer everything slows down because so many people are away and many of the committees take a one month break.

Do chase the recruiter though. They should be able to tell you what the situation is.
Old Aug 5th 2017, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dominoman
I wouldn't worry. 45 days is not that long to wait. The whole hiring process can easily take 9 months or more from initial contact to start date.

Over Summer everything slows down because so many people are away and many of the committees take a one month break.

Do chase the recruiter though. They should be able to tell you what the situation is.
thanks dominoman!
Old Sep 1st 2017, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

Auh_2017 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all

I am currently in the process of interviewing for a position within ADIA and wanted some clarification about the background check. Does it really take 2 months and if it takes 2 months what does the check comprise of?

Thanks again
Old Sep 4th 2017, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auh_2017
Thank you all

I am currently in the process of interviewing for a position within ADIA and wanted some clarification about the background check. Does it really take 2 months and if it takes 2 months what does the check comprise of?

Thanks again
If you already work in banking (in the UK at least) the background checks will be nothing more onerous than you are used to. It's all standard stuff.

If you don't work in banking or haven't changed jobs in the last few years you'll be surprised how much they look at.

You'll need to provide full employment history for the last 10 years, including an explanation of any breaks (even if only a month). Passport, birth certificate, originals of all certifications and memberships, original degree certificate, original GCSE/A level certificates, copy of CV etc. They will also check for credit, debts, and CCJs.

Be careful. Everything will be cross-checked so don't tell any porkies. And make sure that your CV and the other details on the form match exactly.

Yes - it can take 2 months, but if you supply everything quickly should take much less. It is all done by a 3rd party company, not by ADIA.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

gumb0r is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rocky489
3) I have a fiancee but we are not married yet...do you think they will make an exception to allow her to come for the final round visit? We would be married before we move.

Danke!
How did you go with this Rocky489? I expect they will say no, but also wouldn't give an offer unless your partner was OK with the move. Catch22 situation.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

going for the assessment centre in a week, any tips on the simulations? are they quant heavy or more situational?

Also for the verbal and math part any clue on the number of questions and time limit for the tests? thanks guys!
Old Sep 20th 2017, 5:41 am
Just Joined

gumb0r is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dg2u
going for the assessment centre in a week, any tips on the simulations? are they quant heavy or more situational?

Also for the verbal and math part any clue on the number of questions and time limit for the tests? thanks guys!
Simulations vary based on your role, so expect them to be aligned to the position. It is always strange in a role play but go with it and have fun.

I cant remember the timing and # of questions, but it is all made very clear to you and there wasn't a great deal of time pressure. I had plenty of time to spare in all tests. To prep I just did the free practice tests at practiceaptitudetests and found them harder than the ones at the assessment (particularly numeric which at the assessment you do without a calculator - make sure you can calc a 5% movement).
Old Sep 21st 2017, 9:59 am
Just Joined

Thanks gumb0r!
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 5:38 am
Just Joined

Had my Assessment Centre. 1-hour interview based on the form and personality test I did before going to KF office.

This was followed by a business simulation followed by abstract reasoning test (Ravens matrices). Followed by another business simulation after which I had a verbal test and a numerical test. Both verbal and numerical were time constrained and one needs to work pretty quickly.

The abstract test doesn’t have negative marking but was told ADIA values accuracy in the numerical and verbal test. All in all, a fun yet challenging day.

Have a feedback call scheduled with KF. Anyone knows how long do they take to tell you if they are moving forward ??
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

champagne_monsieur is an unknown quantity at this point

My assessment is coming up in a few days the recruiter tells me that if you match their target score and profile through KF, you always get your travel details within a month.

How many questions and how much time does one have for the verbal and numerical ? Which is closer to what one gets on the day, jobtestprep.co.uk or www.practiceaptitudetests.com ? The former has a gazillion of different test formats... don't think I want to go through all of them...

I also see that KF has an assessment centre where they use some methodology called TalentQ... any intersection with the ADIA assessment centre ?

Cheers!
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

SB1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,
What package/salary comes with a Grade P2 position?
Thank you in advance
Old Oct 4th 2017, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

champagne_monsieur is an unknown quantity at this point

If you search this thread you'd find a detailed offer for a P3, assume roughly the same or slightly under. More is not impossible but I'd consider this P3 offer as a cap of what you can bargain for with a potential P2 offer. Glassdoor.com and payscale confirm that the range quoted in the thread is about right. Remember that years of experience and city of origin affect the numbers that ADIA offers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.