Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old Nov 8th 2010, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Originally Posted by Pacific1
Wanted to understand what the 3 hour psychometric test involves. Believe this is a tough process. Any thoughts/advise.
They nail your testicles to the desk and ask you to prepare a presentation on some financial statements that they have just given you.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 11:33 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
They nail your testicles to the desk and ask you to prepare a presentation on some financial statements that they have just given you.
That sounds roughly like what I went through last week in Vienna, except that they nailed my presentation to the desk and got me to talk bollocks.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
That sounds roughly like what I went through last week in Vienna, except that they nailed my presentation to the desk and got me to talk bollocks.
I'm sure that you succeeded with the latter!
Old Dec 5th 2010, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

brucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nicebrucebanner is just really nice

Hi, I work in the financial services sector building software for investment banks (front-office stuff), so I'm very interested in this thread. Could you please post an update .

How did you go about applying for this job?
What do programmers get payed in banks there?
Old Jan 18th 2011, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

FIEVEL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brucebanner
Hi, I work in the financial services sector building software for investment banks (front-office stuff), so I'm very interested in this thread. Could you please post an update .

How did you go about applying for this job?
What do programmers get payed in banks there?
Out of curiosity, what are holidays like at ADIA? Been speaking to another of the SWFs in the region and was astonished (especially compared to the USA).
Old Jan 18th 2011, 4:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by FIEVEL
Out of curiosity, what are holidays like at ADIA? Been speaking to another of the SWFs in the region and was astonished (especially compared to the USA).
We used to go to RAK, Dubai, Wild Waddi etc. Pretty good all in.

I used to get 35 business days (note some places include weekends which is just rubbish). Although in my view if you can take 35 days off a year (1.5 months) then you are not needed.
Old Jan 27th 2011, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

30 days though if you go over a w/e they include that too.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

stxmld is an unknown quantity at this point

I can reliably state that the standard allocation now is 30 days annually, with only weekdays counted as holiday. There are also various public and religious holidays - sometimes these can be worked and the time rolled into additional vacation time (but this depends on job function/department).
Old Mar 13th 2011, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

FIEVEL is an unknown quantity at this point

65 at Mubadala manager level and above. 50 at associate. Declined to work there for some of the reasons cited by EmiratesMillhouse..
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=FIEVEL;9237477]65 at Mubadala manager level and above. 50 at associate. QUOTE]

Days holiday a year? Think i may be missing a context here.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:08 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=al dente;9242968]
65 at Mubadala manager level and above. 50 at associate. QUOTE]

Days holiday a year? Think i may be missing a context here.
my mate works for them and that sounds about right
Old Mar 17th 2011, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=commander;9244255]
Originally Posted by al dente

my mate works for them and that sounds about right
5 days a working week so 13 weeks out of 52? We have 2 neighbours that are senior at Mubadala and they are here with the rest of us not away a quarter of the year.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 9:53 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=al dente;9245491]
Originally Posted by commander

5 days a working week so 13 weeks out of 52? We have 2 neighbours that are senior at Mubadala and they are here with the rest of us not away a quarter of the year.
ok, im seeing him tonight and i will ask. PS i bet my mate is more senior that your senior friends
Old Mar 17th 2011, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

I love these AD sytle "my package is bigger than yours" threads....
Old Mar 17th 2011, 3:13 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weescot
I love these AD sytle "my package is bigger than yours" threads....
I think Commander has the biggest package (allegedly)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.