Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old Jun 21st 2016, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Ramadan slows everything down as those fasting have to physically deal with that (hard) and hours are also significantly reduced for others. Then everyone is off for Eid.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

pattar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by reddot
The fasting period will slow things down dramatically. My trip has been scheduled only after the middle of July due to this. Plus they don't send a feedback till everyone has gone through the process..
Thank you both! I will update more when I hear.. All the best for your trip
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 6:03 am
Just Joined

reddot is an unknown quantity at this point

Any idea how long before the trip do you get your full interview itinerary?
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute

Any idea how long before the trip do you get your full interview itinerary?
I got it the day I flew out. When I arrived I had a rest day, so I used a couple of hours then to look everyone up on LinkedIn.
Old Jul 13th 2016, 11:58 am
Just Joined

now that Eid is over, things are moving.. got our dates confirmed.
Old Jul 13th 2016, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

Airwave is an unknown quantity at this point

now that Eid is over, things are moving.. got our dates confirmed.
Good luck buddy... I'm still at stage 1, as senior members are out on vacations, as it also happens to be summer break for kids. Finished 2 interviews and have 1 more to go... This experience has brought a lot of patience in me. It took more than 12 months to even start the process and I've completed 2 months after the process initiated.
Old Jul 21st 2016, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Any advice on the trip, does and don'ts. not only in the ADIA context but generally...
Will be travelling with a young toddler and a spouse with special dietary restrictions which I am not sure the hotel might be able always accommodate. Is there any prescribed method for out of pocket expenses on meal? how does ADIA take care of that?
while the interview schedule looks packed any recommendations on what my spouse and kid can do (they would visit some schools and apartments I am told, but have nothing confirmed from ADIA yet)
Old Aug 5th 2016, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

ldnfintech is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,

I am new to this forum, so apologies in advance for any newbie mistakes.

I relied on the information provided by several members on this forum, so I felt its necessary to share my experience of ADIA interview (and assessment) process thus far. So, here it goes.

A few months ago, I was contacted by an agent on LinkedIn regarding a role as an operations /tech analyst in ADIA. (Note: I am currently working in London with a tier-1 investment bank in technology). The agent reviewed my CV with me in absolute detail over the phone for nearly 2 hours. This was followed by a in-person meetup in central London where he asked sample interview questions, learned more about me, my understanding of the role and my interest in ADIA & Abu Dhabi. This lasted for an hour.

First-Round Interview
This interview lasted approximately 130-140 minutes with two ADIA folks via video-conference. Questions asked were about my CV, my professional experience and strangely about my marital status (which I now understand why!). They also asked about motivations for the role, ADIA and how I can contribute to the team etc.

I got confirmation for the next round within 30 minutes after the interview, which was rather a pleasant surprise.

Pre-Assessment Centre Questionnaire
1. Personality
2. Questions and Answers - career motivations, situation based questions etc

Assessment Centre
This involved half-day participation in KornFerry offices in Hyde Park. The assessment involved 4 sections
1. Business Simulation
a. Meeting with client - prepare points to discuss based on case study. (15 mins)
b. Meeting with line manager - report analysis on employee survey. (15 mins)

2. Ravens Test - testing abstract reasoning and problem solving ability. Q23, 45 minutes.

3 Verbal and Numerical Reasoning Test - multiple choice questions.

4. Interview
This lasted 1 hour where the interviewer asks a wide range of questions including a few from the pre-assessment center questionnaire.

Feedback Session
KornFerry just provided me feedback on my assessment centre. It was quite positive however they failed to say whether it'll get me an interview with ADIA folks. So, fingers crossed.

Hope this has been helpful.
Old Aug 8th 2016, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

Update: surprisingly, ADIA have made the decision quite quickly in inviting me to Abu Dhabi. I am most definitely looking forward to it.

I have been informed that at this stage, the HR will get in touch regarding trip itinerary and date availability. Is there anything else I should be aware of / factor in?

Thanks
Old Aug 8th 2016, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

The_Black_Panther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ldnfintech
Update: surprisingly, ADIA have made the decision quite quickly in inviting me to Abu Dhabi. I am most definitely looking forward to it.

I have been informed that at this stage, the HR will get in touch regarding trip itinerary and date availability. Is there anything else I should be aware of / factor in?

Thanks
Considering the time of the year, they are moving pretty fluid. Very positive.

Good luck
Old Aug 14th 2016, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Exhkexpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Been following this thread for a while as I go through the recruitment process, just wondering does anyone have any recent experience of what a i3 level employee might get in terms of accommodation as I have 3 kids and anything I see online seems to suggest I would only be able to afford a 3 bed place on the allowance given.
Any feedback appreciated.
Old Aug 14th 2016, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The_Black_Panther
Considering the time of the year, they are moving pretty fluid. Very positive.

Good luck
Thanks The_Black_Panther. I am now sorting out the nits bits to head down to Abu Dhabi.

All members - please could you advise on which areas in/around Abu Dhabi are affordable between 180k-250k AED (will most likely consider villas). Any thoughts would be most helpful.

Thanks
Old Aug 14th 2016, 11:31 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldnfintech
Thanks The_Black_Panther. I am now sorting out the nits bits to head down to Abu Dhabi.

All members - please could you advise on which areas in/around Abu Dhabi are affordable between 180k-250k AED (will most likely consider villas). Any thoughts would be most helpful.

Thanks
Be more descriptive. What size do you want, how many beds? 180k-250k is a massive amount to spend on a an apartment even for UAE standards
Old Aug 14th 2016, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by iggle
Be more descriptive. What size do you want, how many beds? 180k-250k is a massive amount to spend on a an apartment even for UAE standards
Good afternoon iggle,

My apologies.
I am newly married with no kids. I am targeting a 4-5 bedroom private villa with a private driveway. A built-up area between 2700-3500 sq ft in a good locality approx 30-40 mins commute to ADIA offices in the Corniche. As I have no kids, and do not plan on having for at least 2-3 years, being near a school is not a high priority - unless you suggest otherwise.

I fully agree that the amount is quite high for apartments and villas, but this benefit offered by ADIA is not available as cash in hand - thus, I feel that it should be used to its fullest.

Thanks
Old Aug 14th 2016, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go the Apartment route, Villa cooling costs are stupid - look at Etihad Towers, on a nice day you could walk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.