Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old Apr 22nd 2016, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Where are you doing the tests? KornFerry?

When you do the tests at the assessment centre you get given three practice questions which have no time limit. So you can study them at leisure. Once the tests start it's all timed of course, and personally I found the time tight so didn't have a chance to go back and check my answers.

Answers are all multiple choice and there's no negative marking. So if you don't know the answer then eliminate any that are clearly wrong and then guess. Don't leave any questions blank or you are wasting a point.

Good luck. It's fun!
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute

My trip to Abu Dhabi to do the final interviews has just been scheduled.

I fly out for 4 days, of which 2 days are interviews, and two days are to see Abu Dhabi and view accommodation.

For those that have done it, at what point did you start to negotiate salary? We haven't talked numbers yet. Should I bring it up, or wait until they offer (if they do). And once they have offered is there room for negotiation?

Any other tips for the face to face interviews and the Abu Dhabi trip?
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 6:48 am
Just Joined

financial.analyst is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought the full package. There are parts of the package that are not relevant to the Korn Ferry assessment but it's still cheaper to buy the package than buy individually. I definitely needed some practise. You might want to try the practice tests first and see how you do. You may or may not need the full package.

Originally Posted by MMCMK2016
Hello financial.analyst - thanks for this.
Can I ask - did you buy the full package on practiceaptitudetests.com or are the samples sufficient? Thanks.
Old Apr 24th 2016, 6:04 am
Just Joined

Airwave is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by financial.analyst
I bought the full package. There are parts of the package that are not relevant to the Korn Ferry assessment but it's still cheaper to buy the package than buy individually. I definitely needed some practise. You might want to try the practice tests first and see how you do. You may or may not need the full package.

I believe the tests are to be done without calculators during the Korn Ferry tests. Are the levels of calculations similar to the ones listed in the practice tests?
Old Apr 27th 2016, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes KornFerry tests are without calculators. I found you didn't need them anyway.

If you want to practice then just do some simple checks that you can calculate averages without a calculator. And refresh yourself on percentages. A few of my questions were which salesman earned 10% more than the third best paid salesman. And then, if next year the same salesman's bonus drops by 20% how much would he earn.

You don't need to calculate exact numbers because they are multiple choice. Work out the approx answer and then eliminate the options that it can't be.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 10:05 am
Just Joined

kat123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dominoman
My trip to Abu Dhabi to do the final interviews has just been scheduled.

I fly out for 4 days, of which 2 days are interviews, and two days are to see Abu Dhabi and view accommodation.

For those that have done it, at what point did you start to negotiate salary? We haven't talked numbers yet. Should I bring it up, or wait until they offer (if they do). And once they have offered is there room for negotiation?

Any other tips for the face to face interviews and the Abu Dhabi trip?
Hi dominoman,

I had my on-site interviews a few weeks ago, I met with approx 20 people over the two days and had dinner on the first night. My interview schedule must have changed around 5 times each day, I met with a mix of people, those whom I would work closely with and those whom I may have little interaction with, I also met with very senior people. The days were very long and tiring and as my recruiter said it can be an exercise in endurance! But don't worry everyone was very nice and really helpful, they have all been through the process so understand.

There was no mention of money at any stage and from my research this seems the norm, even my recruiter is not privy to this information.

The housing tour was quite quick but what we were shown was really great.

If you have any further question just ask.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 6:07 am
Just Joined

Sands28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes KornFerry tests are without calculators. I found you didn't need them anyway.

If you want to practice then just do some simple checks that you can calculate averages without a calculator. And refresh yourself on percentages. A few of my questions were which salesman earned 10% more than the third best paid salesman. And then, if next year the same salesman's bonus drops by 20% how much would he earn.

You don't need to calculate exact numbers because they are multiple choice. Work out the approx answer and then eliminate the options that it can't be.
Can I ask more about the assessment. From what you say percentages, averages, fractions etc almost basic maths makes more sense if you have no use of a calculator, which I believe you don't. That being said some of the forum members suggest practising using http://www.practiceaptitudetests.com/numerical-reasoning-tests/. Which when I look at this set of questions both practiced and timed you would generally need a calculator or being very strong with numbers to calculate on paper. So I'm slightly confused if it's easier or harder I should prepare for? Please help!
Old Apr 29th 2016, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Kat. Did your partner go with you to Abu Dhabi? We've been offered tickets for both of us, but I don't know if that means she would be expected to join for dinner?

At what point did you discuss pay and conditions, if it wasn't while there?

What was the outcome for you?
Old Apr 29th 2016, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Sands. Hard for me to say as I went into it blind. I didn't even know about this forum and hadn't thought to practice - so I really didn't know what to expect.

Those questions are similar to the KornFerry ones I did. There was definitely no need for a calculator and even if I had had one I would probably not have used it. The maths was simple averages, adding 10% etc.

I'm not saying they were easy. Some were but some were tough. But as with all multiple choice I found it was simple to eliminate all but two answers very quickly. I know I got quite a few wrong, but I still passed. So you dont need to worry or overly prepare. They dont expect any prep at all
Old Apr 29th 2016, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

Tor123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!

Can someone provide guidance on the first VC interview? What kind of questioning should I prepare for? Is it behavioral, technical, general walk me through your resume, why Adia?etc.
Also any tips on answering would be appreciated.

Thanks much
Old Apr 30th 2016, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

kat123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Kat. Did your partner go with you to Abu Dhabi? We've been offered tickets for both of us, but I don't know if that means she would be expected to join for dinner?

At what point did you discuss pay and conditions, if it wasn't while there?

What was the outcome for you?
Hey dominoman, yes my husband can came with me to AD and they looked after us both so well. I only received my schedule when I arrived in AD and was surprised to see the dinner, I was not sure if my husband should join us but I checked on my first interview day and I was told to absolutely bring him along, one of the guys brought his wife. So if you are going for dinner I would think your wife should go also but best to perhaps check.

After a week or so my recruiter advised that they wanted to make me an offer but there were some further internal approvals to obtain, I am having a call with my ADIA hiring manager in a few days so perhaps I will find out more on the offer then. Things move slowly and I think I was lucky to have the first part of my process go so quickly, but things move slow in the UAE.

I was just wondering if you or anyone else here is concerned regarding the current oil price slumps and volatility? I wonder is now a good time to move!
Old May 11th 2016, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Great to hear kat. I'm looking forward to the trip!

Hoping to get the itinerary in the next few days.
Old May 13th 2016, 11:07 am
Just Joined

tailytail is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sands28
Can I ask more about the assessment. From what you say percentages, averages, fractions etc almost basic maths makes more sense if you have no use of a calculator, which I believe you don't. That being said some of the forum members suggest practising using Practice Aptitude Tests | FREE Online Aptitude Tests | Numerical Reasoning Tests - Practice FREE Aptitude Tests Online. Which when I look at this set of questions both practiced and timed you would generally need a calculator or being very strong with numbers to calculate on paper. So I'm slightly confused if it's easier or harder I should prepare for? Please help!
Sands28 have you completed your assessment to throw a bit more light on what kind of preparation would be useful?
Old May 14th 2016, 10:35 am
Just Joined

tailytail is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sands. Hard for me to say as I went into it blind. I didn't even know about this forum and hadn't thought to practice - so I really didn't know what to expect.

Those questions are similar to the KornFerry ones I did. There was definitely no need for a calculator and even if I had had one I would probably not have used it. The maths was simple averages, adding 10% etc.

I'm not saying they were easy. Some were but some were tough. But as with all multiple choice I found it was simple to eliminate all but two answers very quickly. I know I got quite a few wrong, but I still passed. So you dont need to worry or overly prepare. They dont expect any prep at all
domionman, you metioned you did some KornFerry questions, do you have a link to those? is it like a practise test?
Old May 17th 2016, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

I just received an offer from ADIA. Very pleased. I liked the people and I liked the culture, so could see myself working there.

However the package was not what I was expecting...
If I add up the cash elements (basic salary + gratuity allowance + bonus + expat allowance) it still comes to 25% less than I'm on at the moment back in the UK.

I was expecting the cash portion of the offer to be broadly equivalent to my UK income, so then the tax advantages and housing make up for the disruption of moving, and the loss of my wife's income.

Is there room to negotiate at ADIA? I think at these levels it probably wouldn't work for me.

Also, does anyone know what the grades at ADIA equate to in terms of UK banking levels, e.g. VP, D, MD?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.