Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old Apr 28th 2015, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

himbeere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Dear fellow BE member. I am in the process of being interviewed for a PM / senior Quant role in one of the investment-related desks as ADIA.

I have been introduced to the person running the desk back in 2009, so I applied for a role to work directly with him. There is no headhunter in the process. We already had 2 calls to go through my CV and my portfolios so he is happy so far.

I will be having a video-conf with the team running the desk mid May. My interviewer also mentioned that I will be coming on-site to visit the team after that (I assume it is conditional on my performance during the video conf).

As you can see, my situation does not involve any intermediary. So my questions are the following:
1. What kind of timeframes separating the different steps of the recruitment process (Video conf -> site visit -> conditional offer ) given that I have a direct access to my contact ? I am not keen on asking him directly for this information at this point as he is just an acquaintance.
2. I did not do any tests, only presentations that i have completed for him so far, should i expect to do a psychometric test at some point?
3. What kind of salary bracket/grade is reserved for investment-related activity such as portfolio management? it is on a case by case basis (experience and so on) but are there any available ranges? guesses based on experience are welcome!

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 29th 2015, 12:03 am
Just Joined

kafelnikoff is an unknown quantity at this point

Greetings to Everyone!

Just stumbled upon this great forum with lots of valuable info.

I have VC interview due shortly and wonder if someone already had VC experience (maybe even recently?) and will be kind enough to shed the light on type of questions most likely to be asked?

Many thanks in advance!
Old Apr 30th 2015, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

himbeere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ADIA Investment-related role

Dear BE members,
I find this forum highly informative. I appreciate the efforts of all the the contributors who made it easier for us, newbies, to leverage their experience and make more informed decisions.

I am currently having discussions for a Portfolio manager role within one of the investment departments at ADIA. I am talking directly to the head of the desk who is keen on having me onboard.

My contact at ADIA mentioned that i will be having a video-conf with his team. He also said that they will invite me to Abu Dhabi for further meetings.

I have two questions for the experts :

1. What is the average waiting time between the video-conf and the onsite meeting?

2. What is the usual salary range for a portfolio manager or someone involved with investments?

Best wishes.
Old May 2nd 2015, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ADIA Investment-related role

http://britishexpats.com/forum/me-jo...d-role-857383/
Old May 3rd 2015, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

LondonVC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hirensyd
Hi,

Just sent you a PM
Hiren,
I would also like your thoughts on the PDI.
THanks.
Old May 5th 2015, 6:22 am
Just Joined

hirensyd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LondonVC
Hiren,
I would also like your thoughts on the PDI.
THanks.
Hi there,

PDI tests are ok. They are just looking at the overall score. There will be 1 hour interview with psychologist, followed by multiple role playing simulations. Then, battery of tests. Numerical, Abstract and Verbal. No calculator allowed. I found that being well rested and relaxed helped me a lot as it can be quite overwhelming experience.

what role and department are you interviewing for? have they mentioned Grade yet?
Let me know if you need any further help.

Regards
Hiren
Old May 5th 2015, 9:03 am
Just Joined

SmackdownHotel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

For assessment centre tests by Korn Ferry, has anyone got any tips or experience? As I've been invited to the 2nd stage for a role at ADIA Operations.

Thanks
Old May 6th 2015, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

akhilendraverma is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone,

I have completed Korn Ferry assessment round and got my feedback yesterday.I scored low in Numerical(36%) and Verbal (22%) but very high in abstract reasoning (86%).I am applying for senior analyst operations position.

Please anyone let me know let me know what are my chances for ADIA

Do they call mt at Abu Dhabhi
Old May 8th 2015, 12:44 am
Just Joined

LondonVC is an unknown quantity at this point

I am interviewing for a role in Operations. How can I prepare myself for the PDI? is there any way to find a sample test online?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by hirensyd
Hi there,

PDI tests are ok. They are just looking at the overall score. There will be 1 hour interview with psychologist, followed by multiple role playing simulations. Then, battery of tests. Numerical, Abstract and Verbal. No calculator allowed. I found that being well rested and relaxed helped me a lot as it can be quite overwhelming experience.

what role and department are you interviewing for? have they mentioned Grade yet?
Let me know if you need any further help.

Regards
Hiren
Old May 8th 2015, 3:23 am
Just Joined

Hi Everyone,

My PDI test was on 23 April 2015 and I got feedback from korn ferry on 6 May 2015.But I have not herd anything from ADIA. Does anyone has any idea when ADIA will inform me or normally takes how much time
Old May 8th 2015, 3:26 am
Just Joined

Rina,

Do you have any idea how much time ADIA will take to inform me regarding PDI results.My PDI test was on 23 April and got feedback from KORN Ferry and they already shared feedback to ADIA.But I did not get any response from ADIA.
Old May 8th 2015, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Riina is an unknown quantity at this point

I think mine took about 4 weeks after PDI feedback

Originally Posted by akhilendraverma
Rina,

Do you have any idea how much time ADIA will take to inform me regarding PDI results.My PDI test was on 23 April and got feedback from KORN Ferry and they already shared feedback to ADIA.But I did not get any response from ADIA.
Old May 8th 2015, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

Auna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi friends
I wanna tell that this was really helpful .
Can any one help me in my exam. I have psychometric test which consider as assessment employe I ADIA and it's the stage 1 assessment center . Any suggestion ??because depend on what they tell the exam will take 3 hour
Old May 15th 2015, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

The_Black_Panther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sochan
Hello all,
Does anyone have a rough break down of salary packages for P1, P2, P3... positions?
Estimates are most welcome.

Thank you in advance.
Just an indication, below was a list of my P3 grade IT position on a base salary 35k dir per month

1. Gratuity Allowance - 17% of monthly basic salary at the end of service comparable to pension contribution plan.

2. Accomodation - 240k. Capped allowance paid on behalf of employer or provided on a monthly basis.

3. Expat benefit allowance - 4.5k/9k. Single/married rate paid monthly.

4. Joining allowance - 100k/65k. Single/married allowance. Paid in cash upon recruitment.

5. Car loan - 150k. Interest free, capped amount repaid over a maximum of 4 yrs. Car is mortgaged under adia name until full repayment.

6. Annual leave - 30 working days.

7. Joining accomodation - temp accomodation covered for candidates and family

8. Education - 65k. This is capped reimbursement plan for children education fees (upto 40k) paid per academic year per child covering up to 4 children. Covers age from 3-24. Also includes addition cash allowance to cover further miscellaneous costs.

9. Insurance - For candidate and family covering medical, dental, and optical regional coverage.

10. Performance incentives - a discretionary bonus paid in cash, in line with adias performance process. The bonus potential ranges from 0% to averaging 20% (when performance is on target) and maximum of 50% of annual basic salary

Hope that can give you a view of what to expect.

Last edited by The_Black_Panther; May 15th 2015 at 1:52 pm.
Old May 16th 2015, 10:38 am
Just Joined

rico1985 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The_Black_Panther
Just an indication, below was a list of my P3 grade IT position on a base salary 35k dir per month

1. Gratuity Allowance - 17% of monthly basic salary at the end of service comparable to pension contribution plan.

2. Accomodation - 240k. Capped allowance paid on behalf of employer or provided on a monthly basis.

3. Expat benefit allowance - 4.5k/9k. Single/married rate paid monthly.

4. Joining allowance - 100k/65k. Single/married allowance. Paid in cash upon recruitment.

5. Car loan - 150k. Interest free, capped amount repaid over a maximum of 4 yrs. Car is mortgaged under adia name until full repayment.

6. Annual leave - 30 working days.

7. Joining accomodation - temp accomodation covered for candidates and family

8. Education - 65k. This is capped reimbursement plan for children education fees (upto 40k) paid per academic year per child covering up to 4 children. Covers age from 3-24. Also includes addition cash allowance to cover further miscellaneous costs.

9. Insurance - For candidate and family covering medical, dental, and optical regional coverage.

10. Performance incentives - a discretionary bonus paid in cash, in line with adias performance process. The bonus potential ranges from 0% to averaging 20% (when performance is on target) and maximum of 50% of annual basic salary

Hope that can give you a view of what to expect.
Thanks for the info. Please could you outline the timeline of your hiring process from first contact (presumably from recruiter) to offer from ADIA?

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.