Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old Nov 22nd 2014, 11:19 am
Just Joined

PG84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Originally Posted by Aussie_Mate
Hi All,

I also passed my PDI test and I was due to fly to Abu Dhabi for the site visit this week , only to be told that ADIA management has put the hiring process on hold , and they may (may not) continue in Jan 2015 , and that affected all teams/departments , anyone else got the same response?

Cheers
Hi, can you provide some information on the PDI tests? I am taking mine in 2 weeks. I am being told that there would be interview, problem solving tests and real world job simulation. What does the interview and real world job simulation focus at and how it happens?

Also, how long did it take for you to get your PDI results?

Any help will be much appreciated.
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

bt_pooh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I also passed my PDI test and I was due to fly to Abu Dhabi for the site visit this week , only to be told that ADIA management has put the hiring process on hold , and they may (may not) continue in Jan 2015 , and that affected all teams/departments , anyone else got the same response?

Cheers
I haven't been told that hiring is on hold, but I have been kept waiting to hear... Can I ask where you heard it from and if it is company wide or specific to certain area?
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

bt_pooh is an unknown quantity at this point

It is somewhat puzzling how they seem to be so rigorous with the interview process but how certain logistical aspects seem to be not great. I don't know about you guys but it is a challenge to ignore the process as it is such a potential big impact to everyone in the family...
Old Nov 26th 2014, 7:00 pm
JSB
Just Joined

JSB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all - yet another newbie, I am in talks with ADIA & due my first round of interviews - I have noticed numerous apprehensive questions on the PDI tests but only a few reassuring/qualifying answers but I thought i would ask nonetheless -

For the personality portion of the test (which I assume they will have), are they just looking for answers that shows that someone is a team player that doesn't really challenge the system? or for someone who is going to challenge the process....

I appreciate it is a tough one but thought i would throw it out there in case anyone knew....
Old Nov 26th 2014, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Riina is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JSB
Hi all - yet another newbie, I am in talks with ADIA & due my first round of interviews - I have noticed numerous apprehensive questions on the PDI tests but only a few reassuring/qualifying answers but I thought i would ask nonetheless -

For the personality portion of the test (which I assume they will have), are they just looking for answers that shows that someone is a team player that doesn't really challenge the system? or for someone who is going to challenge the process....

I appreciate it is a tough one but thought i would throw it out there in case anyone knew....
I think the best thing is to just be yourself. There's no right or wrong answer - personality tests are only part of the overall process so don't get too hung up on this.

It's safe to say that most people like to work with balanced and harmonious individuals and I'm pretty sure ADIA teams are the same. I'm sure they aren't looking for a total conformist and neither an individual who can't appreciate the customs/ politics and traditions of its family structure. It's a balance between the 2. They need people who have the intellect to challenge and make change but not necessarily iniate it themselves, if that makes sense!

Depends which area you're interviewing for? Is it technology?
Old Nov 27th 2014, 5:18 am
JSB
Just Joined

JSB is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Riina......useful advice, it's a role in trading.
Old Nov 29th 2014, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't describe the culture as challenging and non conformist. Plenty of arrogance though!
Old Dec 9th 2014, 6:31 am
Just Joined

hirensyd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Another newbie here. This forum has helped a lot in my interview process with ADIA. I had a question to people who are already working with ADIA. what sort of salary package does ADIA offer? I mean is housing, medical etc included?

appreciate your help on this.

Thanks
Old Dec 9th 2014, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hirensyd
Hi All,

Another newbie here. This forum has helped a lot in my interview process with ADIA. I had a question to people who are already working with ADIA. what sort of salary package does ADIA offer? I mean is housing, medical etc included?

appreciate your help on this.

Thanks
It's all there in the thread. Yes.
Old Dec 11th 2014, 4:09 am
Just Joined

dein_gesicht is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the post thus far, it has been great.

I've got my first phone interview with HR and Department Head (investment area) - any advice? The recruiter is surprisingly unhelp with my requests for more information.

Feel free to PM me.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 1:25 am
Just Joined

Hi All,

Does anyone know how is ADIA's experience considered elsewhere like in London, NYC or Sydney? I am due to fly to AD for an interview for Real estate Investments role. I am based in Sydney currently.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old Dec 12th 2014, 1:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by al dente
It's all there in the thread. Yes.
Thanks for that. I have gone through quite a few posts on this thread. Even though I couldn't get concrete answers, I think I get the big picture. Basically, housing will form part of your salary package.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 1:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PG84
Hi, can you provide some information on the PDI tests? I am taking mine in 2 weeks. I am being told that there would be interview, problem solving tests and real world job simulation. What does the interview and real world job simulation focus at and how it happens?

Also, how long did it take for you to get your PDI results?

Any help will be much appreciated.
I just passed my assessments and am due to fly out in Jan 2015 from Sydney.

PDI results came within 1 week of tests. Business simulations and interview will focus on soft skills and your personality based on the questionnaire you have completed. They will then look at all the aspects to give you an overall assessment.

Don't be overwhelmed. It will be fun. Do you best.

All the best.

Last edited by hirensyd; Dec 12th 2014 at 1:32 am.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 1:35 am
Just Joined

Hi All,

Cheers
Hey,
I passed my PDI tests and am due to fly out to AD in Jan 2015 from Sydney. I think what my agent told me is that they will wait until all the relevant people are back from holiday. May be that's why you were told that role is on hold.
hopefully you will soon get the call to fly out.

By the way what role are you going for? where in Australia are you from?

Goodluck
Old Dec 12th 2014, 3:15 am
Just Joined

dein_gesicht is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hirensyd
Hey,
I passed my PDI tests and am due to fly out to AD in Jan 2015 from Sydney. I think what my agent told me is that they will wait until all the relevant people are back from holiday. May be that's why you were told that role is on hold.
hopefully you will soon get the call to fly out.

By the way what role are you going for? where in Australia are you from?

Goodluck
I'm from Australia too, but don't have enough posts to PM - how smoothly has the experience gone thus far? I'm also interested to know how experience in ADIA is viewed at other locations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.