Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old Feb 8th 2012, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

Nonsympathizer is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Originally Posted by dono
For psychometric tests enthusiasts, I just passed them recently and believe me guys, you'll need to prepare for them. 4 parts: abstract reasoning (diagrams, etc), calculation (kind of basic) and verbal (the most challenging). You don't have a lot of time so get prepared by doing a lot of examples online, or borrow/buy a test book, that'll do you good. I'm still waiting for my security clearance ( 1 month and a half now). Does-it usually take that long for ADIA? Do they really check everything (credit check, employers...)? they never called my referees...
Hi Dono, thanks for your post!

As you may be able to gather, I'm eccentrically ecstatic of the chance of working at ADIA (although that helps little). As you are a believer in Karma , how great would it be of you to be able to advise me of what the 'business simulation' element of the Assessment I have next week entails.

Also are there any websites that have similar phsychometric tests, so I can practice?

And finally how is the interview? What kind of technicle questions are asked (if any), and is it competency based?

Any other advice would be very much apreciated!!
Old Feb 8th 2012, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Originally Posted by Nonsympathizer
Hi Dono, thanks for your post!

As you may be able to gather, I'm eccentrically ecstatic of the chance of working at ADIA (although that helps little). As you are a believer in Karma , how great would it be of you to be able to advise me of what the 'business simulation' element of the Assessment I have next week entails.

Also are there any websites that have similar phsychometric tests, so I can practice?

And finally how is the interview? What kind of technicle questions are asked (if any), and is it competency based?

Any other advice would be very much apreciated!!
Here's some advice: Stop talking crap, and learn to spell.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs down Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Here's some advice: Stop talking crap, and learn to spell.
Hey obnoxious stranger, notice how the message was not addressed to you?

..try not to reveal that dangling thing on your forehead to anyone and everyone...
Old Feb 8th 2012, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nonsympathizer
Hey obnoxious stranger, notice how the message was not addressed to you?

..try not to reveal that dangling thing on your forehead to anyone and everyone...
Welcome to B.E.
Don't come back. You're as welcome as a cancer transplant.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

dono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant futuredono has a brilliant future

I don't know about the 'business simulation' element of the Assessment you will have next week, I didn't go through that part.

For psychometric tests, there are plenty of them. I suggest you buy a book, one that I used is Ultimate Psychometric Tests by Mike Byron. It's a good one and should be useful.

I passed through a ton of interviews. Questions were standard about my qualifications, expectations, etc. Nothing extraordinary. Just be confident and keep relaxed.

Good luck
Old Feb 9th 2012, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Originally Posted by dono
I don't know about the 'business simulation' element of the Assessment you will have next week, I didn't go through that part.

For psychometric tests, there are plenty of them. I suggest you buy a book, one that I used is Ultimate Psychometric Tests by Mike Byron. It's a good one and should be useful.

I passed through a ton of interviews. Questions were standard about my qualifications, expectations, etc. Nothing extraordinary. Just be confident and keep relaxed.

Good luck
Hey Dono,

Thank you very much for your response, will definately look into purchasing the book you mentioned.

Thanks again, and wish you very luck with your screening process!

Old Jul 4th 2012, 10:12 am
Just Joined

bigdecision is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone has any idea about the grade system in ADIA? Just got an offer from ADIA an have to think about future career prospect. How does the promotion work? Thanks, mate.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 10:23 am
Just Joined

bigdecision is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bigdecision
Anyone has any idea about the grade system in ADIA? Just got an offer from ADIA an have to think about future career prospect. How does the promotion work? Thanks, mate.
Are they flexible with package negotiation?
Old Aug 13th 2012, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Strawberry Shaikh is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Hello,

Has anyone had any of the following beside pshychometric assessment at ADIA?

-in-tray exercise
-presentation based on provided material
-group discussion
-report writing
-role playing

If you have, what type of position did you apply for?
Thanks in advance
Old Aug 14th 2012, 5:21 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Just a comment on ADIA, they're very process driven, they have committees for everything.

And finally, by market cap they are bigger than Microsoft and Exxon Mobil COMBINED.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 6:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Just a comment on ADIA, they're very process driven, they have committees for everything.

And finally, by market cap they are bigger than Microsoft and Exxon Mobil COMBINED.
How do you measure 'market cap' in such an obscure, secretive and unlisted company? Just curious........

Last edited by The Dean; Aug 14th 2012 at 6:02 am. Reason: .
Old Aug 14th 2012, 7:42 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The Dean
How do you measure 'market cap' in such an obscure, secretive and unlisted company? Just curious........
Think it was in ME Business that they are worth $627bn, larger than the Swedish retirement fund or similar.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 7:25 am
Just Joined

nutella is an unknown quantity at this point
Question JOB IN ADIA

Dear all, i was surfing the internet and the BE forum, finding various threads from people who got offered a job in ADIA, asking about the salaries and so on... but surprisingly i never saw any job advert or any hint on how these people got this job offer. May be you can help to understand the job market in Abu Dhabi and where to search for job openings to work for ADIA. I am in the start of my career currently working in M&A in Dubai, however wanted to move back to equity analysis, so I thought ADIA would be right place for me. please heeeeeeeeeelp to solve this mystery
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 8:42 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: JOB IN ADIA

If you want to work for a particular company why don't you approach them?
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: JOB IN ADIA

You can load up your CV on the website.

Most people seem to have been headhunted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.