Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

How good a company to work for?

How good a company to work for?

Old Jun 22nd 2013, 7:54 am
Just Joined

Jack is back is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How good a company to work for?

If you still around David can you please update us on your experience to date?
Old Jun 24th 2013, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

david999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, would've provided an update earlier if I had thought anyone was actually looking at the thread!

So, here's my story, arrived over on what was a work visa, 3 weeks later received my Iqama, Saudi driving licence 3 days later, another week had my multi entry-exit visa and a week after that received my causeway booklet. So all in all, pretty efficient and fast for here, not without a bit of chasing up tho!
Company now have all my original docs for processing my wife's visa, that is moving a bit slower!! Took me a while to get used to the 10 hour days, but fine now. Just moving out of my temporary apartment now to my villa in Oasis Gardens. Found the driving a bit mental for the first few days, but no problems now, in fact most of the time I find the driving ok, just the occasional knob end to look out for and the incessant honking is a tad annoying. Good company to work for so far and the work is going fine, just micro manage everything, always state the obvious, rule out any kind of initiative or common sense from the locals and you're fine. Finding Khobar ok, not as grim as I'd read and thought, but basically its what you make of it as far as I'm concerned.

Are you already out here Jack, coming out or thinking about coming out?

Regards
David

Last edited by david999; Jun 24th 2013 at 4:09 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Jack is back is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for your reply. Working my notice and will be over very shortly. Sounds like you are doing well and we are now looking forward to coming over.
Please keep us updated

Originally Posted by david999
Sorry, would've provided an update earlier if I had thought anyone was actually looking at the thread!

So, here's my story, arrived over on what was a work visa, 3 weeks later received my Iqama, Saudi driving licence 3 days later, another week had my multi entry-exit visa and a week after that received my causeway booklet. So all in all, pretty efficient and fast for here, not without a bit of chasing up tho!
Company now have all my original docs for processing my wife's visa, that is moving a bit slower!! Took me a while to get used to the 10 hour days, but fine now. Just moving out of my temporary apartment now to my villa in Oasis Gardens. Found the driving a bit mental for the first few days, but no problems now, in fact most of the time I find the driving ok, just the occasional knob end to look out for and the incessant honking is a tad annoying. Good company to work for so far and the work is going fine, just micro manage everything, always state the obvious, rule out any kind of initiative or common sense from the locals and you're fine. Finding Khobar ok, not as grim as I'd read and thought, but basically its what you make of it as far as I'm concerned.

Are you already out here Jack, coming out or thinking about coming out?

Regards
David