Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Help needed to find suitable Employment

Help needed to find suitable Employment

Old Jul 31st 2011, 6:46 am
Just Joined

abbyfex will become famous soon enoughabbyfex will become famous soon enough
Default Help needed to find suitable Employment

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted some help regarding finding suitable Employment.
i have been trying to find myself a job for a few months now but can't seem to find any. I have registered with several online recruitment agency and still no joy. so any help, pointers or contacts would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my background, I hold a Law Degree from a UK university, also just completed The Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in London last year.
i worked as a part-time caseworker/paralegal whilst studying.i also worked for a Retail Bank in the UK for over 7years prior to moving here.

If anyone can give me any advice as to how to get into the Banking industry or legal industry(i don't mind either) i would really appreciate it.
Old Jul 31st 2011, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed to find suitable Employment

Originally Posted by abbyfex
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted some help regarding finding suitable Employment.
i have been trying to find myself a job for a few months now but can't seem to find any. I have registered with several online recruitment agency and still no joy. so any help, pointers or contacts would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my background, I hold a Law Degree from a UK university, also just completed The Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in London last year.
i worked as a part-time caseworker/paralegal whilst studying.i also worked for a Retail Bank in the UK for over 7years prior to moving here.

If anyone can give me any advice as to how to get into the Banking industry or legal industry(i don't mind either) i would really appreciate it.
Well, times are tough in legal - but...

Have you tried contacting the partners in the law firms directly? Take them out for a coffee etc?

You can normally find the contact details pretty easily of the major law firms here. Look on the websites - use linked in etc. If you are really struggling the I can give you some names - I know most of the robbing bastards here.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 6:11 am
Just Joined

abbyfex will become famous soon enoughabbyfex will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Help needed to find suitable Employment

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Well, times are tough in legal - but...

Have you tried contacting the partners in the law firms directly? Take them out for a coffee etc?

You can normally find the contact details pretty easily of the major law firms here. Look on the websites - use linked in etc. If you are really struggling the I can give you some names - I know most of the robbing bastards here.
Yes please! any help is greatly appreciated.