Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Help -- NBAD Role in Abu Dhabi

Help -- NBAD Role in Abu Dhabi

Old Dec 17th 2013, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

habla20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help -- NBAD Role in Abu Dhabi

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has been discussed in the past. Need some help urgently. I'm looking at a role at NBAD as an executive director and was wondering if anyone has worked there or knows people who do.

My specific question is in relation to what salary range to expect in this sort of position including allowances (as in, what are the high and low bookends for this kind of position)? Also, is it true that bonuses are very small at the local banks?

Finally, while promotions are of course totally dependent on performance, is it possible to move through the ranks at a decent pace at the local banks?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Habla
Old Dec 18th 2013, 11:18 am
Just Joined

rrasul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help -- NBAD Role in Abu Dhabi

Hi,

I currently hold an offer from NBAD also. A good guide is the following:

http://www.roberthalf.ae/EMEA/Dubai/...Guide-2013.pdf

http://www.morganmckinley.com/sites/...e2013Final.pdf

In terms of the company and people, I have heard mostly good from several friends close to and inside the company.

The company seems to be expanding aggressively and has hired a new CEO, Alex Thursby. Bonuses can vary significantly and depend on your role exactly.

About moving up the ranks, I am hoping for the same and have been assured that the firm is growing and I would grow with it, however, I am aware this can be difficult and could depend, again, on many factors. Coming from a top tier investment bank in London, where the process is clearly defined and a path is clearly visible, I am not expecting the same but am hoping it is so. In either case, your career is what you make it and I intend to work hard, gain international experience and master my arabic, skills that will certainly add value over the long run.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Rrasul, thanks for your response. Much appreciated. Will try to send you a PM (not sure if I can yet).
Old Dec 18th 2013, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

rrasul is an unknown quantity at this point

Sure, feel free to PM me. After this reply, both of us newbies will have 3 posts and can therefore send and receive PMs.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 6:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by habla20
Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has been discussed in the past. Need some help urgently. I'm looking at a role at NBAD as an executive director and was wondering if anyone has worked there or knows people who do.

My specific question is in relation to what salary range to expect in this sort of position including allowances (as in, what are the high and low bookends for this kind of position)? Also, is it true that bonuses are very small at the local banks?

Finally, while promotions are of course totally dependent on performance, is it possible to move through the ranks at a decent pace at the local banks?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Habla
Bonuses in customer-facing or market-facing roles can be huge there (more than a whole year's salary in some cases). Thursby not making many friends though - a lot of good people have been asked to leave........
Old Dec 18th 2013, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply. Do you have an approx view on what's considered a 'good' salary for a front office banker just below Managing Director level in Abu Dhabi (incl. all allowances)?
Thanks
Old May 19th 2014, 11:01 am
Just Joined

tala7726 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by habla20
Thanks for the reply. Do you have an approx view on what's considered a 'good' salary for a front office banker just below Managing Director level in Abu Dhabi (incl. all allowances)?
Thanks
Hi Habla,
Hope you're doing well.
Any idea on what is Associate Director level at NBAD and the salary to expect ?
Did you join the bank and hows the working environment ?
Old May 19th 2014, 11:01 am
Just Joined

tala7726 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rrasul
Hi,

I currently hold an offer from NBAD also. A good guide is the following:

http://www.roberthalf.ae/EMEA/Dubai/...Guide-2013.pdf

http://www.morganmckinley.com/sites/...e2013Final.pdf

In terms of the company and people, I have heard mostly good from several friends close to and inside the company.

The company seems to be expanding aggressively and has hired a new CEO, Alex Thursby. Bonuses can vary significantly and depend on your role exactly.

About moving up the ranks, I am hoping for the same and have been assured that the firm is growing and I would grow with it, however, I am aware this can be difficult and could depend, again, on many factors. Coming from a top tier investment bank in London, where the process is clearly defined and a path is clearly visible, I am not expecting the same but am hoping it is so. In either case, your career is what you make it and I intend to work hard, gain international experience and master my arabic, skills that will certainly add value over the long run.
Any idea on what is Associate Director level at NBAD and the salary to expect ?
Did you join the bank and hows the working environment ?