Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

hello and let the begging begin from post #1

hello and let the begging begin from post #1

Old Sep 19th 2010, 12:35 pm
Expat Brat

K8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: hello and let the begging begin from post #1

Hi Weasal - can I also suggest:

Monstergulf.com, careerjet.ae and take a look at the jobs listed on Arabianbusiness.com - as they sometimes have very good ones - if I were you, I would look to Qatar or Oman - at least you can get some liquid refreshment there and the potential of employment for a longer period of time is better that in Dubai.

Good luck
Old Sep 20th 2010, 11:08 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by K8-notlate
Hi Weasal - can I also suggest:

Monstergulf.com, careerjet.ae and take a look at the jobs listed on Arabianbusiness.com - as they sometimes have very good ones - if I were you, I would look to Qatar or Oman - at least you can get some liquid refreshment there and the potential of employment for a longer period of time is better that in Dubai.

Good luck
thanks for the tip, I deleted my profile from nakurigulf so I will try the two you have listed.
Old Oct 6th 2010, 6:27 pm
Account Closed

well only a couple of days left in the magical kingdom of ksa and then out from the frying pan and into the fire ..to be revealed ..

anyhow what have i learned about middle east recruitment?

mostly its all about contacts, little bit of networking, lots of luck and some fortunate timing.
i'd recommend some of the recruitment agencies mentioned in the thread, better to contact them directly i think than to use the job sites unless you see a very specific job listed. 95% of the time the agencies seem to be trawling but its that lucky 5% that works out sometimes.

linkedin was a good resource if you sign to the job groups, as the positions seem genuine. also good old fashioned hitting up your former colleagues for leads.

its been a bit of an eye opener compared to typical western recruitment but in 3 weeks i have managed to get 3 job offers, and am now sitting down to negotiate my new deal next week so in terms of construction the middle east is good in general right now.

anyhow hopefully this is of some help to job seekers
Old Oct 7th 2010, 6:51 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well done. Where you off to?
Old Oct 9th 2010, 6:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Well done. Where you off to?

dont call me mad but sana'a yemen
Old Oct 9th 2010, 6:24 pm
Expat Brat

K8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by weasel central
OOOOOO exciting - they have some beautiful architecture and amazing parts of the city - am a teensy bit jealous.

FYI, what you wrote about recruitment is quite true - however, occasionally something amazing happens - I just got a new job after posting my CV on Dubizzle of all places - but then I have always been a little off kilter, so that is probably what made them sit up and take notice.

Enjoy Sana'a!
Old Oct 10th 2010, 4:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

you get more interesting by the day - are you going to fire guns into the air on market day?
Old Oct 10th 2010, 6:29 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think mad comes close. But I wish you an interesting and safe time there.
Old Oct 11th 2010, 9:55 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
you get more interesting by the day - are you going to fire guns into the air on market day?
when in rome etc..... wont be there for another 2 weeks yet
Old Oct 14th 2010, 7:34 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

When in Rome? You'll be spending your days chewing Khat and lounging around then?
Old Oct 14th 2010, 7:37 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's hope we won't be reading about you on the news. Yemen, Afghanistan and Iraq are three countries I would definitely avoid, whatever the salary.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 9:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Let's hope we won't be reading about you on the news. Yemen, Afghanistan and Iraq are three countries I would definitely avoid, whatever the salary.
Pity... these are the exact places that many people would like you to go to.

* only kidding, just couldn't help myself.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

haloola is an unknown quantity at this point

I love Sana'a - its great! Just steer clear of the embassies Hop on a flight over to Socotra while you're there.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 8:37 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Meow
When in Rome? You'll be spending your days chewing Khat and lounging around then?
....something like that I hope only lounging sounds rather more energetic than what i had in mind

Originally Posted by lionheart
well thanks for the well wishes but you know I feel while I am in the middle east I might as well see a bit of it. Instead of looking out from a compound in Riyadh at the world why not mix it up a bit.

Originally Posted by haloola
I love Sana'a - its great! Just steer clear of the embassies Hop on a flight over to Socotra while you're there.
Thanks ... well I shall avoid the obvious places like that. The British embassy has never been an irishman's first port of call anyhow
Old Oct 19th 2010, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

pranabdc is an unknown quantity at this point

Riyadh to Yemen....

Frying Pan to Fire......did I hear someone say?

Oh sorry....to each his own

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.