Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

hello and let the begging begin from post #1

hello and let the begging begin from post #1

Old Sep 15th 2010, 5:59 pm
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hello and let the begging begin from post #1

hi all,
i have been lurking around lately in expat forums and this one seems to be about the busiest and most irreverent

anyhow brown nosing over ...anyone like help me out employment wise?

i have been working the past 10 months in riyadh and to say i am sick of it would be an understatement. that was 9 months ago..i am now somewhere between planning my own jihad or considering using UPS to buy mail order drugs from amsterdam.

so anyone looking for a design technical manager, structural engineer by profession but been contractor based so long i need to read books to remember what i forget. heavily involved in the architectural side also ..

i promise to laugh at all the bosses jokes and act as a reasonable wingman and take the ugly one home at least once a month.

go on then make me an offer i cant refuse... also if anyone needs some help with stuff in riyadh i'd be happy to help and balance the universe a little.

irish btw and devilishly handsome ..in a certain (lack of) light
Old Sep 15th 2010, 6:40 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hello and let the begging begin from post #1

can't help, I'm afraid, but you made me smile.

Actually, I'm hearing a decent amount of doom and gloom still, even though some of the big consultants are winning jobs again. Well, there's still hope...
Old Sep 15th 2010, 6:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
.... Well, there's still hope...
yep well i am more in the building side than consultancy, the crowd I presently sweat blood for are a sort of do it all company. we do both the construction and at lot of the design. both equally badly i might add.

anyhow you saved me from a thread with no replies .

its not all take btw ..if anyone needs some advice about or in riyadh I can help somewhat. .
Old Sep 15th 2010, 6:59 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel central
..if anyone needs some advice about or in riyadh I can help somewhat. .
lol - I'm sure they'll be queueing up for that one!

Seriously though, here in Dubai, I wouldn't go so far as to say things are picking up, but they are contemplating a gentle upwards incline. There are a few sites that seem to be gearing up to get started and yes, work is being won, but not for projects in Dubai. I'm sure you have a better idea of who the big players are in your exact line of work than I do, but I wouldn't be surprised if they'd consider recruiting again.

Oh, and I've killed a few threads too...
Old Sep 15th 2010, 7:29 pm
Account Closed

well i am going to cast my net far and wide ..i feel life passing me by here too much. i know some like it but they tend to be the older more settled types..i need a bit of lifestyle to go with the work...

sadly its not available really and the social circuit here gets old fast. there are only so many embassy nights or compound bars you can take.

anyhow thanks for the welcome
Old Sep 16th 2010, 6:53 am
Account Closed

So the plan so far has been:

update my resume and send it to a couple of places, my original recruiters for here (in ireland), one I dealt with in the UK and to nakuri gulf website.

Has anyone got a few names of good! ME recruiters, construction related?

I have talked to the design director in my company just to see what is available within the company when this project ends.

I have set up a profile on linkedin. I'd appreciate the names of some good groups to join, especially recruitment type groups.

Basically after that I am going to have to wait and see what develops, I dont fancy blasting my cv willy-nilly about the place. I think the targeted approach is the only way to get proper results.

Please chime in if you have some ideas
Old Sep 18th 2010, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Weasal,

You can come and be my office beatch if you like? Coffee white no sugar please

kittycat
x
Old Sep 18th 2010, 5:52 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hi Weasal,

You can come and be my office beatch if you like? Coffee white no sugar please

kittycat
x
whats the pay like? i only do beatch work if the terms and conditions are good...contract beatch work mind.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 5:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

PAY- you want paying as well- isn't being my beatch payment enough?
Old Sep 18th 2010, 6:03 pm
Account Closed

i have developed this addiction to food and drink over the years ..i must work to ummm feed my habit so to speak ...

so yeah pay or the kitty kat gets it
Old Sep 18th 2010, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I dunno you just can't get the staff these days!

How about 50 dirhams a month a one free taxi ride a year? I'll provide a subway sarnie and some tap water as well
Old Sep 18th 2010, 6:14 pm
Account Closed

we have studied your application and regret to inform you that you have been unsuccessful at this time.
however we will keep your details on file should a suitable vacancy arise in the near future.

yours

weasel central
Old Sep 19th 2010, 5:38 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone got a few names of good! ME recruiters, construction related?
The following two have been helpful and professional (and I don't give out accolades to recruiters lightly):

[email protected]

[email protected]
Old Sep 19th 2010, 9:23 am
Account Closed

thanks for the names I appreciate it.

my experience on the hunt so far is nakurigulf seems like a proper waste of time I shall delete my account from there post haste.

linkedin seems promising as the recruiter groups etc update a lot and post what seem to be genuine jobs.

and i am going to try these two names see what they might think about current prospects.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Keoic is just really niceKeoic is just really niceKeoic is just really niceKeoic is just really niceKeoic is just really niceKeoic is just really niceKeoic is just really niceKeoic is just really nice

hi all,
i have been lurking around lately in expat forums and this one seems to be about the busiest and most irreverent

anyhow brown nosing over ...anyone like help me out employment wise?

i have been working the past 10 months in riyadh and to say i am sick of it would be an understatement. that was 9 months ago..i am now somewhere between planning my own jihad or considering using UPS to buy mail order drugs from amsterdam.

so anyone looking for a design technical manager, structural engineer by profession but been contractor based so long i need to read books to remember what i forget. heavily involved in the architectural side also ..

i promise to laugh at all the bosses jokes and act as a reasonable wingman and take the ugly one home at least once a month.

go on then make me an offer i cant refuse... also if anyone needs some help with stuff in riyadh i'd be happy to help and balance the universe a little.

irish btw and devilishly handsome ..in a certain (lack of) light
Hi,
You can contact me by e-mail if you like, for some opportunities at KEO. Particularly if you have a structural design background together with on-site contractor experience & can comment on 'constructability' ( or not as the case may often be.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.