Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

guess what.... but a little different.. :)

guess what.... but a little different.. :)

Old Jan 13th 2013, 10:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: guess what.... but a little different.. :)

Originally Posted by mentalist
For goodness sake. If he finds AD fake then how on earth is he going to find Qatar? It's very much worse, surely? Why not go back to London and see how it goes. He can always come back out here again later on.
Because it's somewhere new, do that for 2/3 years and then get sick of it and move on.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Rhino1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Meow
What do you mean by the 'parks are fake'? They have real grass and trees, don't they? The parks in London are manmade, but just a lot older. You live in the ME, so of course it's going to be hot for most of the year, but we do have beaches.

You can meet good or bad people anywhere. You just have to keep going out, trying different things and be open-minded and you'll eventually meet people you get on with. Maybe you should join some clubs?

There may be shallow types in the UAE, but they are everywhere, even in the UK. Just avoid that crowd and the places they hang out. I don't agree when people say it's hard to meet lost of decent people in AD or Dubai, but it does take time and effort. Much of it however, is a mindset.
Real grass? haha - dude.. this is the first thing when googling... http://www.dubaiforums.com/dubai-cha...ly-t22433.html
Beaches? where if your lady friend just begins her decdent onto the beach a million zillion trillion eyes just stare... (in some cases / places)

Yea, your right about meeting people. Maybe i'm to stuck in this world of hatred towards the place. But totally agree.
The real question is 'eventually'...
Old Jan 13th 2013, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mentalist
For goodness sake. If he finds AD fake then how on earth is he going to find Qatar? It's very much worse, surely? Why not go back to London and see how it goes. He can always come back out here again later on.
Yikes, is it that bad..!!??
I would have thought after winning the hosting of the world cup things may have changed a little.. maybe...
Old Jan 13th 2013, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

You do not like AD and you are considering Qatar?
You are jumping from a relatively cushy frying pan into hellishly hot ,for sure burning your arse ,fire.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

@Alexa
hahaha... I was only thinking it because of the world cup..! I thought it might inspire it into something over the next few years. Thats all..!

Arent they going to air condition the stadiums or something?

Wonder what green peace are going to say about that
Old Jan 13th 2013, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

we shall see what is going to happen
Old Jan 13th 2013, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Tired of the Emirates ? Try Riyadh. Or Maiduguri ! A week in Bamako would fix your blues.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

I actually watched a documentary on BBC news about Qatar last night.
The city is really trying hard to get up the ladder.

I never knew the local population is so low?
Few very rich people and lot's of business oppertunities.

How about we all think of something and open something there
Old Jan 14th 2013, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

The one with the billionaires daughter trying to make her way in the world?
Old Jan 14th 2013, 5:19 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rhino1
Real grass? haha - dude.. this is the first thing when googling... http://www.dubaiforums.com/dubai-cha...ly-t22433.html
Beaches? where if your lady friend just begins her decdent onto the beach a million zillion trillion eyes just stare... (in some cases / places)

Yea, your right about meeting people. Maybe i'm to stuck in this world of hatred towards the place. But totally agree.
The real question is 'eventually'...
Dude? My lady friends? Not everyone who moves out here is a bloke.

Sounds as if you have made up your mind to hate the place, no matter what. With a blinkered attitude you'll never be happy so probably best you return to mummy and daddy.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

@Cypselos
Yep, that's the one! That taxi driver company owner is going to be a millionaire in a few years

@Meow
Haha, apologies on that note. I rushed ahead.
I wouldnt say a blinkered attitude, just a tired one. I don't "hate" the place.
I'm just tired of it. Returning to mummy and daddy isnt such a bad thing in my case actually. I'm on a good spot with them.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

@all that participated

I had a word with my manager and he has sort of agreed to a 450 pound increase in February. That would take us up-to around 23,000 AED and accommodation paid. I guess I can do another 4 weeks