Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

guess what.... but a little different.. :)

guess what.... but a little different.. :)

Old Jan 12th 2013, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Rhino1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: guess what.... but a little different.. :)

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I think Kit and Rhino should go out on a date. Although, I suspect it would all end in tears.
hahah - why end up in tears though..?
We'd end up in hyde park on the serpentine riding boats and it will end happily ever after
Old Jan 12th 2013, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Myusernamewastaken
Negative taxation?

www.listentotaxman.com (yep after tax)

Do you have like a separate building to live in? Otherwise, have you lived with your parents when you were 25+ more than a few months in a row?
good question... nop
Old Jan 12th 2013, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Myusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really nice

good question... nop
Good, because otherwise I strongly suspect that you wouldn't contemplate to live with your parents more than temporarily even if you do and will get along well. Please don't ask me how I know this.
Old Jan 12th 2013, 4:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Millhouse, I didn't have you down as a Cilla!
Old Jan 12th 2013, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Myusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really nice

So 3300 sterling ended up at around 58K per year after tax

Negative taxation?

www.listentotaxman.com (yep after tax)
3300 times 12 is 39,6K. Or what do you mean?
Old Jan 12th 2013, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Good, because otherwise I strongly suspect that you wouldn't contemplate to live with your parents more than temporarily even if you do and will get along well. Please don't ask me how I know this.
this is a good point - but you always got the best western if you saved enough

go the site, put in 58k in the gross yearly salary and look at the monthly pay table..
Old Jan 12th 2013, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

btw.... how do you know this....? i'm curios actually...?
Old Jan 12th 2013, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

"3300 times 12 is 39,6K. Or what do you mean?"

It means that the poster cannot count.
Old Jan 12th 2013, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

600 pounds difference? I don't know the specific living costs very well so the figures mentioned below are very approximate just to show the principle.

UAE: 3,375 pounds monthly salary - 900 pounds living costs = 2475 pounds saved every month.

UK: 2,750 pounds monthly salary after taxes - 1100 for an apartment - 900 pounds for other living costs = 750 pounds saved every month.

So, for every year you will save 9000 pounds in the UK and 29700 pounds in the UAE unless living with your parents. Even larger difference if your monthly living costs are higher than 900 pounds.

As been previously pointed out, money isn't everything. You can't take a few long vacations instead?
Old Jan 13th 2013, 3:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I think Kit and Rhino should go out on a date. Although, I suspect it would all end in tears.

Originally Posted by Rhino1
hahah - why end up in tears though..?
We'd end up in hyde park on the serpentine riding boats and it will end happily ever after
That is the Londoner not in London anymore view.

Go back, in 6 months you'll be spending every weekend getting out of London, fending off muggings and trying to not get stabbed. You'll still be moaning that the prick in costa who ****s up your latte everyday can't speak English.

London. The only city that is genuinely awesome yet consistently overrated. Somehow.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

Go back, in 6 months you'll be spending every weekend getting out of London, fending off muggings and trying to not get stabbed. You'll still be moaning that the prick in costa who ****s up your latte everyday can't speak English.

London. The only city that is genuinely awesome yet consistently overrated. Somehow.
Its the chuggings that are the worst (charity muggings) - i've never actually been mugged mind you. everyday you have to run the "chugger" gauntlet to get to the tube. The trouble is most of us are so skint in london just paying for our travel and rent that you just rush past trying not to make eye contact because you feel too guilty saying no all the time.

*edited to add that i am aware of how bad chugger sounds

Last edited by Theseus; Jan 13th 2013 at 5:24 am.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 5:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Theseus
Its the chuggings that are the worst (charity muggings) - i've never actually been mugged mind you. everyday you have to run the "chugger" gauntlet to get to the tube. The trouble is most of us are so skint in london just paying for our travel and rent that you just rush past trying not to make eye contact because you feel too guilty saying no all the time.
Never felt guilty about telling them no, when I was in the UK I picked a charity every year or so and did the direct debit every month. That way you can do your bit every year without signing up to millions.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scamp

the prick in costa who ****s up your latte everyday can't "

1. That's totally subject to your experience... Carry a knife too, second ammendment in the US no..? hahah
2. Go to nero or starbucks or apostrophie or pret or etc. etc.
3. Explore it all first mate (if thats possible)..
Old Jan 13th 2013, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Theseus

*edited to add that i am aware of how bad chugger sounds
Just say to them that you got fired today
Old Jan 13th 2013, 6:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rhino1
1. That's totally subject to your experience... Carry a knife too, second ammendment in the US no..? hahah
2. Go to nero or starbucks or apostrophie or pret or etc. etc.
3. Explore it all first mate (if thats possible)..
Of course, I'm just being a bit awkward. Grass isn't always greener though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.