Female Job Opportunities

Old May 21st 2014, 12:26 am
Just Joined

pdxakl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Female Job Opportunities

Hello,

I am having difficulty finding information about the job opportunities for someone in my situation and was hoping someone on here may have some advice or ideas on where I can get some more information.

My husband and I have two young children (1 & 4) and are hoping to move to Doha (Dubai or Abu Dhabi are also options for us) in 2015. He is an experienced teacher and where we end up would depend upon what offers he receives. I will have a BA and Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration with no recent work experience. I have been out of the workforce for the past 5 years, although during that time I have developed and published an iOS app and completed my BA and PG diploma. I am skilled with a breadth of knowledge in finance and business (I used to work in project management).

While it has been a long term goal of ours to move to the ME, we are concerned that my career opportunities would be limited. From what I have read, as a woman with no recent experience, I am looking at a low pay job in administration, if that. Am I correct in my assumption that my chance of getting a challenging job are limited. Ideally I would be able to find something paying 10,000/mo. with some benefits. Any suggestions on how to best position myself? Any recruiters with good recommendations?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I have read through this forum and found some helpful information but some of it has been dated. The last thing I want is to move without a job to find that there are none available! Thanks!
Old May 21st 2014, 6:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Female Job Opportunities

yep usually admin not exactly the most well paid... and yes there are lots of qualified people here. maybe look at school admin to tie in with kids
Old May 21st 2014, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
yep usually admin not exactly the most well paid... and yes there are lots of qualified people here. maybe look at school admin to tie in with kids
Oh, look! Busybody CAN actually spell school....
Old May 22nd 2014, 4:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
get over yourself!!!!!!!
Old May 22nd 2014, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
get over yourself!!!!!!!
Balls!
Old May 22nd 2014, 12:22 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
It's a first step, but we're still waiting for her to master capital letters and punctuation.
Old May 22nd 2014, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Venezuelan007 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was actually going to open a similar post.
What about in engineering field, do women get a chance? my GF has 6 years experience (process), and Im trying to get her a job before bringing her here. Maybe I have to bring her here first, I dont know...
Old May 22nd 2014, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Meow
It's a first step, but we're still waiting for her to master capital letters and punctuation.
hahahaha told ya NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 23rd 2014, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Sanshinman is an unknown quantity at this point

I was additionally looking to start a similar thread so apologies for the Hijack pdxakl, anbd I hope your question is answered.

My wife is a qualified secondary school (Science) teacher, has a degree in Environmental Chemistry and is undertaking a (Msc) Masters in Sustainable Futures which she will complete next May. I have heard than the Qatar Foundation would be a good place to start but would be interested if anyone could give a steer on the sort of packages available either in a Uni or School or her preferred choice in the field of Sustainable design and management.