Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Fast UK Degree Notarisation service?

Fast UK Degree Notarisation service?

Old Jan 2nd 2015, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold
Default Fast UK Degree Notarisation service?

I'm looking for a fast service to get my UK degree copied and notarised. Mine has been"lost" by my current employer. I'm in KSA, can't wait the 8 weeks the British Council are stating they need to do it. (They are incapable of sending the resulting docs to another BC office for pickup!!) May be moving to AD in 6 weeks.
Old Jan 4th 2015, 10:33 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fast UK Degree Notarisation service?

Will the embassy do it?
Old Jan 4th 2015, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

They directed me to the BC
Old Jan 4th 2015, 1:39 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beakersful
I'm looking for a fast service to get my UK degree copied and notarised. Mine has been"lost" by my current employer. I'm in KSA, can't wait the 8 weeks the British Council are stating they need to do it. (They are incapable of sending the resulting docs to another BC office for pickup!!) May be moving to AD in 6 weeks.
Contact these people, they should be able to do it in a few working days, at a price, but provide a complete service and are very helpful.

I know from personal experience that the Qatar immigration process required four stamps on a colour copy of a degree certificate, in this order:

UK solicitor attestation
FCO, Milton Keynes
Qatar Embassy, London
MoI, Doha

Cost me about £350, including courier charges, but I managed to do it without leaving Doha.
Old Jan 5th 2015, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, I'll contact them. BC only charge £50 for the first copy notarised.........But needs must if this is the sticking point that disrupts my move out of this poophole.

EDIT: Possibly important question just popped up in my mind as you mentioned a different country. Am I notarising for the UAE, or one emirate? What if I don't get the job where I want to, get it in another emirate instead and I've notarised to the original emirate?
Old Jan 5th 2015, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

I have not used these people, but you could ask them:
UK Certificates Online | Apostille | Attestation | Legalisation

To your question - no, you are getting them notarised for the UAE, not just for one emirate.
Old Jan 5th 2015, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by archie159

To your question - no, you are getting them notarised for the UAE, not just for one emirate.
That's a relief then. I've been over here long enough to know that no matter what you do, there's always another stage, stamp or signature needed to get a job done right. I'm not planning to sit on my rear end battling another beauracracy forcing more 30 day visa runs than i need to be doing.

I'll send some emails off tonight and get some dates/figures quoted.
Old Jan 6th 2015, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

wwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud of

It's such a big headache. It's better to sort out your certificate in the UK rather than in KSA through Saudi BC. Now you need the following stamps for the legalisation:

UK solicitor attestation
FCO, Milton Keynes
UAE Embassy, London

Your HR in AD will process the rest for you. Good luck.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wwinit
It's such a big headache. It's better to sort out your certificate in the UK rather than in KSA through Saudi BC. Now you need the following stamps for the legalisation:

UK solicitor attestation
FCO, Milton Keynes
UAE Embassy, London

Your HR in AD will process the rest for you. Good luck.
I might pop into the AD BC next week actually. If they quote 8 weeks too, then next week will be a month before I shift, and it'll narrow the timeframe down. Dunno why I didn't bring it this weekend, I had all day today.....