Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

esg Saudi Arabia (Al Khobar Female College)

esg Saudi Arabia (Al Khobar Female College)

Old Jan 23rd 2015, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

lou_123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default esg Saudi Arabia (Al Khobar Female College)

Hi,

I've recently been offered a job as an English Teacher at Al Khobar Female College through esg Saudi.

Does anybody currently work there?

Thanks,

Lou
Old Mar 29th 2015, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

greenhouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: esg Saudi Arabia (Al Khobar Female College)

Hi Lou,

Did you take the job? I would be interested to here.
Old Nov 10th 2015, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

teacherspet is an unknown quantity at this point

To anyone thinking about going to any ESG College in Saudi, think again. If you want to be disrespected in and out of the classroom, go for it. If a 40+ hour week, being made to stay late without pay and being threatened with no holidays for being off sick appeals to you, then apply. If you want to be managed by people who know nothing about teaching or EFL, have students dismissed for offenses then let back in because their parents begged, then this is the job for you. However, if you'd like to work in a functional college where teaching and learning is fostered, as are discipline and respect, then I suggest you go somewhere else where 22 out of every 30 teachers don't jump ship. The simple fact they cannot retain staff speaks volumes but so does a bomb threat by a student rather than ISIS......

Last edited by teacherspet; Nov 10th 2015 at 3:00 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2016, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

WhoDaresWins is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lou_123
Hi,

I've recently been offered a job as an English Teacher at Al Khobar Female College through esg Saudi.

Does anybody currently work there?

Thanks,

Lou
Hi there,
Was wondering if you ended up going to Al Khobar - I have just been offered a position...But after the comments not too sure. Have things improved? Whats the accomodation like? How are staff treated? Grateful for feedback
Old Jun 30th 2016, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

WhoDaresWins is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by teacherspet
To anyone thinking about going to any ESG College in Saudi, think again. If you want to be disrespected in and out of the classroom, go for it. If a 40+ hour week, being made to stay late without pay and being threatened with no holidays for being off sick appeals to you, then apply. If you want to be managed by people who know nothing about teaching or EFL, have students dismissed for offenses then let back in because their parents begged, then this is the job for you. However, if you'd like to work in a functional college where teaching and learning is fostered, as are discipline and respect, then I suggest you go somewhere else where 22 out of every 30 teachers don't jump ship. The simple fact they cannot retain staff speaks volumes but so does a bomb threat by a student rather than ISIS......
Hey Teacherspet
So sorry you are having a rough time must be really stressful and must bw even worst not being on home soil.

Have things improved was it just teething problems? Are you and the rest of the teachers enjoying it now or are conditions pretty much the same?

I have been offered a position would really appreciate some honest feedback - Accommodation/Work Conditions/The whole nine yards please...Thanks in advance