EFL Teaching

Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

abi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud of
Default EFL Teaching

Hi all

Had a search but can't see anything about this - I understand in UAE they expect expats to have 2 years teaching experience to work as a teacher - does anyone know if this applies to EFL - or if you can do the relevant course and theoretically go into work? (not talking about visa eligibility).

Thanks in anticipation

Abi
Old Apr 19th 2013, 6:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EFL Teaching

Usual expectation is that you should be a graduate with EFL training to at least CELTA level. Decent jobs require an MA in Applied Linguistics. With the language mills like Berlitz or ESL or Wall Street they usually require that you have a pulse.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Posts, asks and leaves ? So often the case when the OP does not get the answer (s)he wants !
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

abi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud of

Actually, I have been on holiday. Sorry for not adhering to your requirements. I fail to see why your answer would have been in any way traumatic. At least I'm not asking whether it's possible to survive on a 500k AED salary...
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Touche. I hope you had a nice holiday.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you yes, and thank you for your initial response - it was helpful, am looking up courses now.