Doctor in Qatar??

Old Feb 16th 2015, 9:25 am
Just Joined

mshaqal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Doctor in Qatar??

grandiosity disorder...my diagnosis.
Old Feb 16th 2015, 9:59 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mshaqal
grandiosity disorder...my diagnosis.
I've saved you the effort of further explanation

Doctor in Qatar??-page1-220px-grandiose_delusions_cat_lion_pdf.jpg

(Is self-deprecation also presented as part of GD?)
Old Mar 1st 2015, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

greencroft is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tihami
I don't think they will even consider someone if one is "struck off" in UK. we need a Good standing certificate from GMC to work in Qatar..

Sydneyuk PM me ur questions please.
Hi Thiami,

I am a new member on this forum and can't do PM as "administrator has restricted PM to members who has more than 3 posts in forum".

I am a GP in UK and planning to move to Qatar. I would appreciate if you can put some advice on forum about expected salary, cost of living, schooling,working environment and how is GP practice there. I am short listed for consultant emergency medicine/family medicine in hamad medical. job description says, I would be working alongside with other ER consultants and dealing with primary care type cases & minor injuries. I have 2 years ER experience.

I read on hamad medical website that it is a busy hospital. I am worried as I can't understand Arabic at all.
I would appreciate your advice. thanks
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 7:38 am
Just Joined

Sydneyuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Thiami,
Please reply to greencroft message as I am also waiting to hear from you regarding the same questions.

Hi greencroft, i have also been shortlisted for the same job but not dure about the nature of job there. It would be good to know first hand experience from somebody there
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 7:47 am
Just Joined

I am also offered a job as a GP with PHCC ,would like to have his advise,feed back.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Hi mshaqal,
Congrats in getting the offer. Could you also post the process of credential verification and visa process? Have you got information about the living costs there in Doha and schooling etc?
Thanks
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 9:41 am
Just Joined

I got the visa,still thinking to leave my job here in Australia or not,that's why I need Thiami feed back,it usually takes 2-3 months to process the visa,for cost of living go to Qatar Living | best place for cars, properties, buying, selling, renting and Qatar news & events .They offered me the emergency department job at Hamad hospital put I don't like emergency work.What is your advise guys go or not go?
Old Apr 15th 2015, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

Ambers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mshaqal
I am also offered a job as a GP with PHCC ,would like to have his advise,feed back.
Hi Mashaqal,

Just came across your post on this forum. I am being interviewed for Family Medicine Consultant post for PHCC. Would you kindly be able to share the salary package offer that they usually offer and also the nature of work involved in the job description please.

Thanks in anticipation.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 11:14 am
Just Joined

Hi, I am still waiting for some reply regarding job description and cost of living in Qatar? Also how long is the waiting period for good schools ?
Old Apr 20th 2015, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

NewOrleans is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys! Im waiting on working at Sidra in Doha.
Try Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/579287658767294/ It's When, Where and How in Doha.
Qatar Living | best place for cars, properties, buying, selling, renting and Qatar news & events Very helpful.
Free Classifieds in Qatar - Buy a car, Find a Job or Buy a house | dubizzle Qatar You can see what's for sale in Doha.
News | I Love Qatar . net (ILQ)

All of these sites and especially the Facebook one are full of info.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Ambers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NewOrleans
Hi guys! Im waiting on working at Sidra in Doha.
Try Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/579287658767294/ It's When, Where and How in Doha.
Qatar Living | best place for cars, properties, buying, selling, renting and Qatar news & events Very helpful.
Free Classifieds in Qatar - Buy a car, Find a Job or Buy a house | dubizzle Qatar You can see what's for sale in Doha.
News | I Love Qatar . net (ILQ)

All of these sites and especially the Facebook one are full of info.
Thanks ever so much. It's very kind of you to share the above links. All the best for your move to Qatar
Old Apr 25th 2015, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

Hi, could somebody feedback regarding school admission in Qatar? How long is the waiting period? Do one has to move to Qatar in certain month so to get admissions? What kids really do during that waiting period etc?
Thanks
Old Apr 27th 2015, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

newexpat2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I am new here and I would value your advice.

I was offered 2 jobs in Qatar one with PHCC and the other one with HMC both as GP.

I noted that some of you are working in Qatar.

Could you please tell me about your experience ?

Has anyone started working in ED as GP for Hamad? and how is it?

Many thanks

You
Old Apr 27th 2015, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

drfil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi newexpat2015
I am in your same situation but still waiting for offers from both.
If you want to discuss furter message me in private
Old Apr 27th 2015, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

newexpat2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Drfil I am not able to send you pm. I think the site restrict sending pms to those with more than 3 posts.
if you could send me pm I hope they will let me reply to yours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.