Doctor in Qatar??

Old Dec 4th 2016, 10:33 am
Just Joined

docshiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Doctor in Qatar??

Hello,
I have offers from Sidra and Hamad. Having difficulty in deciding between the two. One is well established in practice (don't know whether it is a good thing or bad !) Another one is yet to open.
Any information / advice would be extremely useful.
Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Doha is a shithole.

It is NOT the UAE.

It's a dusty, dull, expensive city. Ugly for the most part. Only come here if you have no choice or are getting a huge package.

Originally Posted by NabAuk
UK GPs working Qatar
Hope this finds you well

How do you find the life in Qatar, how leisure time , are there any sports ?
Or is it just work

How Barwa apartments? are your kids happy with them ?
Old Dec 6th 2016, 6:14 am
Just Joined

NabAuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers mate
How big should the package be in figures to make it worth ,
Moving from Australia to Qatar ?

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Doha is a shithole.

It is NOT the UAE.

It's a dusty, dull, expensive city. Ugly for the most part. Only come here if you have no choice or are getting a huge package.
Old Dec 6th 2016, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

That's entirely subjective. For some people 50k a month is worth it. For others they wouldn't touch Doha for anything under 100k a month.

I wouldn't leave Australia for Doha unless it was at least 50% more than what you currently make and that might not even be enough.

Just don't underestimate how hard and difficult Qatar is. It's a very dull, very dusty, very arrogant city with a low QoL compared to Australia. You can have a western lifestyle but you pay heavily for the privilege. The range of amenities is limited, the food is mediocre, housing is expensive for what you get, the overall standards and levels of professionalism is piss-poor.

Just be sure you know what you're getting into. The only, and I mean only, reason to come to Doha is to make and save a lot of money. There is no other reason to come to Qatar whatsoever.

Cheers mate
How big should the package be in figures to make it worth ,
Moving from Australia to Qatar ?
Old Dec 6th 2016, 8:58 am
Just Joined

NabAuk is an unknown quantity at this point

That is very useful mate
50 k is a joke compared to the life and earning in Aus.

I gather too schools hit the 90,000 per year I was told

Or is that too much ?

That's entirely subjective. For some people 50k a month is worth it. For others they wouldn't touch Doha for anything under 100k a month.

I wouldn't leave Australia for Doha unless it was at least 50% more than what you currently make and that might not even be enough.

Just don't underestimate how hard and difficult Qatar is. It's a very dull, very dusty, very arrogant city with a low QoL compared to Australia. You can have a western lifestyle but you pay heavily for the privilege. The range of amenities is limited, the food is mediocre, housing is expensive for what you get, the overall standards and levels of professionalism is piss-poor.

Just be sure you know what you're getting into. The only, and I mean only, reason to come to Doha is to make and save a lot of money. There is no other reason to come to Qatar whatsoever.
Old Dec 6th 2016, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

I have no idea what the going rate is for doctors so can't help you out there, unfortunately.

There are doctors from other ME countries like Pakistan or India who consider themselves lucky to be making 20-25k. Westerners, of course, will be paid more.

That is very useful mate
50 k is a joke compared to the life and earning in Aus.

I gather too schools hit the 90,000 per year I was told

Or is that too much ?
Old Dec 21st 2016, 11:20 am
fth
Forum Regular

fth is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just moved to Qatar and am looking to find out where the UK/Australian GP/Family Doctor are (as a patient). They seem to be busy posting here but I'm struggling to find a clinic where they work.
Old Jan 9th 2017, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Andyupnorth is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello there, without being rude, do you live or ever lived in Doha? And are you a medical practitioner? The reason for asking is, I suspect the total packages on offer will depend on your trade, experience, passport etc etc.
Old Jan 9th 2017, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by docshiv
Hello,
I have offers from Sidra and Hamad. Having difficulty in deciding between the two. One is well established in practice (don't know whether it is a good thing or bad !) Another one is yet to open.
Any information / advice would be extremely useful.
Thanks in advance.
DocShiv

May I ask, have you decided on which offer to take. I'm in similar situation. Thank you.
Old Jan 9th 2017, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

Dear all

Are there any obstetricians/gynaecologists here working in HMC/Sidra. I would most appreciate some advice and guidance.

Many thanks in advance
Old Jan 10th 2017, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes. I live in Doha. Unfortunately.

No, I am not a doctor. But yes, I have spent enough time in the Gulf (lived in the UAE for years before coming to Qatar) to know that salaries vary depending on passports and specialities.

But regardless of occupation and salary, one must have a full understanding of what life in Doha is like and what it entails. Most people know the Gulf only from the UAE, or Dubai in particular, and don't realise that Dubai is a completely different world from Qatar, which is much more resolutely Middle Eastern. Go for it if you want, just realise that any sense of adventure you think you're going to have is not likely to materalise or will turn out to be an adventure you do not anticipate at all (and not in a good way) and above all, make sure you are well compensated to justify giving up a good life in a developed Western country for the dull, dusty and mediocre city that is Doha.

At the end of the day you only come to Qatar to make tonnes of money. If you aren't, then it's wasting a few years of your life.

Originally Posted by Andyupnorth
Hello there, without being rude, do you live or ever lived in Doha? And are you a medical practitioner? The reason for asking is, I suspect the total packages on offer will depend on your trade, experience, passport etc etc.
Old Jan 10th 2017, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

Yes. I live in Doha. Unfortunately.

No, I am not a doctor. But yes, I have spent enough time in the Gulf (lived in the UAE for years before coming to Qatar) to know that salaries vary depending on passports and specialities.

But regardless of occupation and salary, one must have a full understanding of what life in Doha is like and what it entails. Most people know the Gulf only from the UAE, or Dubai in particular, and don't realise that Dubai is a completely different world from Qatar, which is much more resolutely Middle Eastern. Go for it if you want, just realise that any sense of adventure you think you're going to have is not likely to materalise or will turn out to be an adventure you do not anticipate at all (and not in a good way) and above all, make sure you are well compensated to justify giving up a good life in a developed Western country for the dull, dusty and mediocre city that is Doha.

At the end of the day you only come to Qatar to make tonnes of money. If you aren't, then it's wasting a few years of your life.

Hello DXBtoDOH

Many thanks and much appreciated. Point taken.

I'm only mulling over the idea at the moment. If and when I get an offer and numbers add up, Ill keep you posted. Thanks again. Regards
Old Feb 27th 2017, 8:54 am
Just Joined

drjekyll68 is an unknown quantity at this point

Currently, I have been working in Turkey as a neurologist. I am also considering to work in Qatar. is there anybody to help me about moving to qatar and work? Thank you.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 8:58 am
Just Joined

drjekyll68 is an unknown quantity at this point

And as a nurologist , what is my chance to possibility of finding a job?
Old Feb 27th 2017, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

So Dr Jekyll is a neurologist and Mr. Hyde is a nurologist?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.