Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

The dirty tricks played by Dubai Employers

The dirty tricks played by Dubai Employers

Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:30 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default The dirty tricks played by Dubai Employers

With the recent sackings, i'll tell you 2 business practices which are currently going on.

Firstly, companies have been asking employees to tranfer to Freelance visa's.
The company offers more money on a freelance, however, once you tranfer they sack you as they then have less liability.

Secondly, I have known companies to sack employees, and tell others that they need to take a paycut in order to stay.
The employee signs the new contract on reduced salary....then..yup, you guessed it... gets sacked anyway. The company then has less gratuity to pay out based on the revised salary

feckers
Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

girlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to all
Default Re: The dirty tricks played by Dubai Employers

B@stards!

What sort of companies are doing this?
Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:35 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by girlabouttown
B@stards!

What sort of companies are doing this?
Big ones, Goverment owned ones and companies in Tecom (DIC and Media City)

fact

Last edited by Jammy_Dodgers; Feb 17th 2009 at 7:35 am. Reason: crapi speling
Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:35 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

yes I have heard the same, damn disgrace