Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Difference between Public and Private Sectors

Difference between Public and Private Sectors

Old May 28th 2014, 11:13 am
Just Joined

Novice289 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Difference between Public and Private Sectors

Hi there,

I moved to Abu Dhabi with my husband a year ago. I have had worked on two jobs so far - the first one was a short contract with a government entity and later took on a permanent job with a private company. For many of you may know there are distinct differences working for these two sectors. I really like working for the government, for obvious reasons, the paid and benefits are better but I cannot change my job just yet because it will look bad on my CV. I am thinking to stay on for a year and then look for a government job. I would like to know whether the experience working for a private company will have an impact on the prospect of getting a government job. I need a constructive advice on this... please help!