Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Changing Employer..Bank Issue

Changing Employer..Bank Issue

Old May 18th 2014, 5:29 am
GJW
Just Joined

GJW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changing Employer..Bank Issue

Hi All

Ive been developing an exit strategy from my present employer for 8 months now. Ive been in the Kingdom 9.....
Too much to go into here but lets just say late salary issues force change.

Ive a new position...In the Kingdom, no need to move compound, with an Anglo US company.

Question...Do I need to close my bank account if my Iqama is transferred?

Many thanks

GJW
Old May 18th 2014, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing Employer..Bank Issue

UAE or KSA or................I think it might be different.
Old May 18th 2014, 8:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
UAE or KSA or................I think it might be different.
Kingdom might be a clue, yes?
Old May 19th 2014, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

All I did when I changed employers was to take in my new Iquama and the company letter and of course the company PR Man.
A simple change of papers to sign off and job done in about 15 minutes.
Mind you this was the NCB Bank when I moved from Taif to Riyadh and again to Khobar,
For once very easy and simple.
Old May 19th 2014, 4:52 am
GJW
Just Joined

Many Thanks.

Putting my notice in today.....Lets see if the GM will allow an Iqama Transfer or do as he has done with everyone else who has jumped ship (due to lack of salary) and give them final exit.

GJW
Old May 19th 2014, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

The new law I am sure that you don't have to go out on final exit, they dropped that about 18 months ago,
I know when I left my last company in khobar
I asked for a transfer as this was a cheaper option, this was granted.
Mind you if you go go out on final exit you just start all over again and come back into Saudi within a couple of weeks easy now thank goodness.
Old May 19th 2014, 7:10 am
GJW
Just Joined

Great

Its just the hassle of closing bank account, selling car, compound stuff etc.

Why is it never simple in the Kingdom........

GJW
Old May 19th 2014, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

If you know you are coming back into the Magic Kingdom then why close it all down people I know that left and came back a couple of weeks later didn't close any thing down, yes your car just sign it over to a mate and park it up till you come back. Then once you have your new iqama then paperwork back over to you again !!!
Old May 19th 2014, 7:21 am
GJW
Just Joined

Im learning......

I thought the present company would tell the bank I was leaving thus they would insist on me closing account, settling CC bill etc.

GJW
Old May 20th 2014, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

DubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura about

If your company allow a transfer to another employer do they lose a visa from their 'block' ? Is this why they insist on a final exit ?
Old May 20th 2014, 5:39 am
GJW
Just Joined

Hi

No that's not the reason as once transferred I believe they get the VISA back. The GM is just spiteful.....