Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Being a fashion designer in the UAE

Being a fashion designer in the UAE

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold
Default Being a fashion designer in the UAE

A friend of mine would love to come and work out here as a fashion designer. She is very talented, she went to Central St Martins and has 15 years experience of designing ladies' couture (or whatever you call it).

Does anybody know how you would go about it? I don't know the first thing about fashion, so I can't really help. But it would be great if you guys had any knowledge you could pass on.

Thanks very much.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:35 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Being a fashion designer in the UAE

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi
A friend of mine would love to come and work out here as a fashion designer. She is very talented, she went to Central St Martins and has 15 years experience of designing ladies' couture (or whatever you call it).

Does anybody know how you would go about it? I don't know the first thing about fashion, so I can't really help. But it would be great if you guys had any knowledge you could pass on.

Thanks very much.
A good place to start networking and making contacts with Dubai's most influential fashion designers would be at Dubai Fashion Week, which is scheduled for 5th to 9th April 2009.

http://www.dfw.ae/
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

What a fantastic idea! Thanks EE, that's incredibly helpful.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:44 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

What a fantastic idea! Thanks EE, that's incredibly helpful.
and quite obvious really
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by commander
and quite obvious really
Maybe to you
Old Mar 4th 2009, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much.
I could do with a couple of new suits..
Old Mar 4th 2009, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by admon
I could do with a couple of new suits..
I thought you were a man...
Old Mar 4th 2009, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you were a man...
even men have to wear suits sometimes..
Old Mar 4th 2009, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by admon
even men have to wear suits sometimes..
Only sometimes? Do you not have to wear a suit every day?
Old Mar 4th 2009, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Only sometimes? Do you not have to wear a suit every day?
nah, only when I have to meet conformists..
Old Mar 4th 2009, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Anyway, she only designs ladies' clothes, so unless you have a cross-dressing habit you want to share with us...
Old Mar 4th 2009, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Anyway, she only designs ladies' clothes, so unless you have a cross-dressing habit you want to share with us...
I will leave that to 'The Dean'..