Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

'Based' in Dubai but 3 days in AD - Housing?

'Based' in Dubai but 3 days in AD - Housing?

Old Jun 5th 2014, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

driftingaway is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 'Based' in Dubai but 3 days in AD - Housing?

Hi all,

An ex-colleague has asked me to interview for a job for a company based in Dubai, but the role would involve 3 days in Abu Dhabi a week.

I am already due to move to Abu Dhabi in August, as my wife will be working there.

With the new rule that you can't live in one emirate and work in another and still get housing allowance, does anyone know how it might work if the role is split between the two offices...?

Thanks!
Old Jun 5th 2014, 9:02 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Based' in Dubai but 3 days in AD - Housing?

Originally Posted by driftingaway
With the new rule that you can't live in one emirate and work in another and still get housing allowance,
Only applies in AD and mainly gubbmint jobs, not private sector (although some private seem to apply it). In summary if you work for the gubbmint in AD you must live there to get housing allowance, rest of UAE don't care.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

driftingaway is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, great - thanks. I figured due to all the coverage on The National etc it was a rule affecting all and everyone commuting between emirates.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 3:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

An ex-colleague has asked me to interview for a job for a company based in Dubai, but the role would involve 3 days in Abu Dhabi a week.

I am already due to move to Abu Dhabi in August, as my wife will be working there.

With the new rule that you can't live in one emirate and work in another and still get housing allowance, does anyone know how it might work if the role is split between the two offices...?

Thanks!
only government sectors at the moment... but who knows... look at al ghadeer its on the border but it depends on where you are driving to and from.
Old Jun 7th 2014, 3:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Thanks!
its only ad at the moment, and thats if you have an ad visa etc.