Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Assistant professor job in Al-Khobar (Saudi Arabia)

Assistant professor job in Al-Khobar (Saudi Arabia)

Old Jan 30th 2014, 12:47 am
Just Joined

Toyota2011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Assistant professor job in Al-Khobar (Saudi Arabia)

Originally Posted by mtamal
When did you apply? Surely I will stay in touch.
2 WEEKS AGO
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

EastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mtamal
Hi everyone
I am british national with a PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering and 7 years post PhD experience in both research and teaching with a good track record of publicaitons. I also hold a permanent position in one of the leading universities in the UK. However, I am really looking forward to move to the middle east particularly Saudi Arabia. I have applied to few universities in January including PMU, but have not heard anthing so far. Could anyone please let me know how long it takes in general to get a response from universities in the middle east.
Cheers
Well, I don't know what your motivations are to move to KSA but don't expect anything like Universities in the civilized world. As for you question on how long to get reply it can be anything between 1 months and infinity. What they do in universities in KSA is they receive heaps of CV's. They pile them up and pickle them for a few months.
Old Mar 24th 2014, 10:59 am
Just Joined

kada is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi mtamal. i would like to know how you handle your negotiation. can you please send me that in private message?

thanks
Old Mar 24th 2014, 12:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Saudi unis do not usually negotiate. They make an offer and you accept or refuse. Minsiutry in RFioyadh lays down pay scales and how to place people on them. No bargaining. No wasta. Does that shock you ?
Old Mar 24th 2014, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

kada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scot47
Saudi unis do not usually negotiate. They make an offer and you accept or refuse. Minsiutry in RFioyadh lays down pay scales and how to place people on them. No bargaining. No wasta. Does that shock you ?

you mean there is no way to negotiate? but you said you were able to negotiate with them
Old Mar 24th 2014, 3:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I posted this

"My experience is that employers in KSA in the education field will NOT negotiate. Take it or leave it."
Old Mar 24th 2014, 3:42 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kada
you mean there is no way to negotiate?
I think that the general considered consensus of members of the bored what know is that the negotiation consists of Take It or Leave It.
Old Mar 24th 2014, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

EastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scot47
I posted this

"My experience is that employers in KSA in the education field will NOT negotiate. Take it or leave it."
I disagree

I got a job offer in KSA a few years back and I negotiated the offer. They increased it by 1.5k SAR.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 5:34 am
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice

Originally Posted by EastWest
I got a job offer in KSA a few years back and I negotiated the offer. They increased it by 1.5k SAR...
...and you didn't got a job
Old Mar 25th 2014, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

"..............in the education field...."

Like it or lump it was what I saw in 17 years in education in KSA.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by northbadawi
...and you didn't got a job
LAWL!!!
Old Mar 30th 2014, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

wwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud of

It depends on a university (whether it be public or private) and your credentials plus experiences after a PhD. Most western academics usually negotiate the basic salary up to 30%, but can do very little with the allowances. However, TCN lecturers are willing to accept an offer 'as is' or negotiate it around 10%. Now in 2013/14 the basic salary ranges for Assistant and Associate Professors in a public university are SR 8K - 20K and SR 15K - 30K. Good luck with your negotiation.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Toyota2011
2 WEEKS AGO
ANY BODY GOT A RESPONSE FOR HIS JOB APPLICATION WITH PMU
Old Apr 18th 2014, 10:02 am
Just Joined

AdamSayaf is an unknown quantity at this point

I know theHR directorfor PMU..if intersted
Old Apr 18th 2014, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

Salam Adam I would appreciate that very much. wve what do you think about it, have you been there before or know something about it

I can send you pm with my email address for some private questions. however you can post what you know and think can benefit the rest of the group.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.