Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Anyone used "Teleportmyjob" Recruitment agency?

Anyone used "Teleportmyjob" Recruitment agency?

Old May 16th 2014, 12:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Anyone used "Teleportmyjob" Recruitment agency?

The reason I ask is that my OH (Senior Procurement Manager, FCIPS with 25+ years experience in Purchasing/Supply Chain) is likely to be made redundant from his job here in New Zealand.

He is starting to look elsewhere for jobs (there's not much in NZ at his level & with it being a small economy) & we are looking at Dubai, Singapore & Australia as possibilities to live & work.

He found this company on the net & has been in touch with them, however he's not too sure how professional they are. He's had emails from 3 or 4 consultants all purporting to help get a job in Dubai & has been phoned by one of them. Some older reviews say that the company is a scam & just wants to get money from you. So have any of you heard/dealt with this company please?

Our current feeling is to walk away fast. Do you agree?

Cheers for your help in advance.
Old May 16th 2014, 8:06 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone used "Teleportmyjob" Recruitment agency?

Actually I used them (do a search of key words and you'll find my earlier post, about a year ago). I was sceptical about their "front-end" service, where they re-write your cv and distribute it. However, in fact they were very professional, even if they used non-native English speakers to do the actual cv re-writing after having had their Brit salesperson speak to you. The cv distribution / job search function worked quite well, too.

My understanding is that they operate at both ends of the market--selling the candidate a service, and also acting as a regular recruitment agency. Smart set up. If your OH is only considering the recruitment agency aspect, I can't see what you've got to lose (that bit's free to candidates). If he's considering using the front-end bit, then its not cheap but not outrageously expensive, and given that they operate as a recruitment agency they know what key words to use in a cv in a whole range of industries, and similarly know what a good cv should look like.
Old May 16th 2014, 9:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Bahtatboy. Managed to get the search function to work and found some previous posts about this company. Also picked up the names of other recruitment companies whilst searching. OH plans to spend the weekend getting in touch with various companies. Quite interesting when we've got a few countries we'd be happy to live/work in for a while.

I'd prefer Singapore or Dubai, given they are that bit closer to the UK than NZ and my mum isn't in the best of health. I know I'm going to have to go back within the not too distant future if you get my drift.
Old May 16th 2014, 12:01 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

If you're adventurous, Korea's booming, but your OH would probably have to be fairly niche.
Old May 16th 2014, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

Jay Tee is an unknown quantity at this point

Teleport my job ! I love it. Even if it's a bit tacky it's quite catchy.
Old May 17th 2014, 1:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
If you're adventurous, Korea's booming, but your OH would probably have to be fairly niche.
I'm not that adventurous I'm afraid.
Old Feb 1st 2015, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

erick123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a BAD experience. The asked and STOLED money for publishing my CV on "professional sites" of recriters.
Nothing has been done, only 250$ stolen.
DON'T trust in people asking for money for working.
Diffuse the info: teleportmyjob is a fake!
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Gus Honeybun is an unknown quantity at this point

I just tried to register with these guys but they asked for my email password. This cannot be correct, right?
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 5:32 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gus Honeybun
I just tried to register with these guys but they asked for my email password. This cannot be correct, right?
You should give them it, then I would like your bank details and PIN number. I promise you will find a BIG difference in your bank balance afterwards.