Entry visa for Saudi

Old Nov 21st 2012, 10:26 am
NKL
Just Joined

NKL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Entry visa for Saudi

Hi all

I have a written offer of employment from a Saudi and now waiting for a visa. Can anyone tell me what the process is and how long it takes?

Many thanks

NKL
Old Nov 27th 2012, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Entry visa for Saudi

It is different in different countries. Really your employer should take care of this. If he does not, that is an indicator of a lousy employer. I was lucky with my last 2 jobs in KSA. The airline did everything for me through their London office. My other job was with a Government Uni, and the Cultural Attache in Ankara fixed up most of the paperwork for me.

My sugvgestion is that you take this uip with your employer.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 10:41 pm
NKL
Just Joined

Many thanks for your reply.

I remember when I moved to the UAE in the mid 1990s it was a very straight forward affair of obtaining an entry visa for a UK passport holder. The company simply applied for a visit visa then processed your residency visa when you arrived.

I have submitted a passport copy to the employer. I just wondered how long the process took to obtain an entry visa. Just getting bored waiting..............

Oh well inshallah......having been back in the UK I have forgotten the need for patience...............
Old Nov 27th 2012, 10:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

KSA much is much tougher than UAE for visas etc. There is no provision for "visa on arrival".

They have problems in regulating the inflow of people coming for Hajj and Umrah, as wll as the huge influix of foreign workres from everfy corner oif the world.

Good luck.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 10:26 am
NKL
Just Joined

Thanks scot47. I have found out that I have to go for a medical in UK before the visa is issued, and also qualifications have to be submitted to the KSA embassy. Starting to look like I won't be there till New Year!
Old Nov 30th 2012, 2:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Medicals can be of 2 types. The basic one for tthe Saudi Authorities which is for TB, InfectiousHepatitis and AIDS. That is for the visa - and they often repeat the medical afvter arrival. Some companies also have their own medical in whcih other aspecxts of your health may be checked (including evidence of alocohol and drug abuse). I had a complex medical in 1995 for the airline and I am still amazed that I passed it !
Old Dec 1st 2012, 6:55 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

No hassle if they have the so called block visa for you (matching your nationality and education). You will do medical and get your visa stamped within a week. On arrival, you'll do medical again and get IQAMA within a week. If, however, they don't have a block visa, then all bets are off and it can take any time from 2 months to never to get resident visa for you.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 7:08 pm
NKL
Just Joined

Many thanks gents. Given the possible variations I guess I will just have to wait and find out what my personal circumstances will be!