Admin jobs Dubai

Old Oct 24th 2010, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

kevinmcc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Admin jobs Dubai

Hi, I'm a irish guy thinking about moving to Dubai next May. Was just wondering is it difficult to get an admin job - have plenty of experience and references. Also is there many passenger service jobs at the airport - have airport experience. Is there any website I could try to help secure a job before I come or do I really need to be out there and looking.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 6:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Admin jobs Dubai

you may find that the pay for admin jobs is not what you are expecting. a lot of admin jobs are done by other nationalities who will accept less than a western expat.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 9:35 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Agree wholeheartedly with the previous post. For just admin I'd be reluctant to pay more than AED8k pcm, with no allowances. As a young guy (I presume) you'd easily burn through that on partying, before you paid rent and fed yourself. As a comparison, hotel staff (room cleaners) get AED750 pcm, although they do get board and lodging with that--no disrespect, my friend, but as admin how many rungs up the ladder are you from them? No too many, I would guess, which means that as a Westerner you're not gonna earn enough to survive.

Good luck, though.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 12:04 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why move to DXB in May? Just in time for the summer holocaust?

Senior administrative positions are just about possible.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 2:29 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

I know five western senior administrators at a major UAE conglomerate (beginning with Nak and ending with heel) who have recently been made redundant from one department alone. All five positions have been taken by one Emirati, who now does all five jobs simultaneously ...and quite competently too, although ably helped by his Indian personal assistant. Just thought I would share that with you.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 3:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
I know five western senior administrators at a major UAE conglomerate (beginning with Nak and ending with heel) who have recently been made redundant from one department alone. All five positions have been taken by one Emirati, who now does all five jobs simultaneously ...and quite competently too, although ably helped by his Indian personal assistant. Just thought I would share that with you.
and I assume that the Emirati is paid more than 5x the cost of the expat grunters?
Old Oct 25th 2010, 3:06 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
So actually what you're saying is that 1 Indian manages the jobs of 5 expats. Now that's plausible.