Abu Dhabi - Teacher

Old Apr 26th 2011, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi - Teacher

Originally Posted by Ethos83
AD is a far quieter town.
it's also a lot nicer.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 9:26 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Er, ok.

Originally Posted by Millhouse
it's also a lot nicer.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Er, ok.
well, apart from the fact that the Greens isn't there. I forgot that the Greens is utopia.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 9:33 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought we already settled the matter, or is there a difference between utopia and nirvana?

well, apart from the fact that the Greens isn't there. I forgot that the Greens is utopia.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I thought we already settled the matter, or is there a difference between utopia and nirvana?
now don't go using that fancy education of yours to make statements that go way over my head. It's just not fair.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

i thought Nirvana were a grunge band whose lead singer topped himself?
Never heard of Utopia - what chart hits have they had?
Old Apr 26th 2011, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Utopia must be a club somewhere, sure I've been of my face there just can't remember where it is.

PS which School i have some mate who teach in Scaby Dabby and seem to be doing OK.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 7:45 am
Just Joined

NorthernBelle31 is a jewel in the roughNorthernBelle31 is a jewel in the roughNorthernBelle31 is a jewel in the roughNorthernBelle31 is a jewel in the roughNorthernBelle31 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the advice....sorry for the delay in replying, I've been away for a few days.

I had another telephone interview on Thursday morning for a school in Abu Dhabi. They've offered me a position also, and I'm just waiting for them to send me their offer/ salary package. I've also got a skype interview tomorrow morning for a school in Dubai. So will wait and see what my options are after that.

With regards to the Abu Dhabi/ Dubai debate.....I have done a lot of research on both places and spoken to a few people who are already out in the middle east. I'm not opposed to living in either place to be honest....but up to now, Abu Dhabi seems to be my preference as it seems a little less full on and hectic. And Dubai is within easy travelling distance if I do want to go. But I'm open to other people's opinions and advice.
Old May 1st 2011, 5:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by NorthernBelle31
Thanks for the advice....sorry for the delay in replying, I've been away for a few days.

I had another telephone interview on Thursday morning for a school in Abu Dhabi. They've offered me a position also, and I'm just waiting for them to send me their offer/ salary package. I've also got a skype interview tomorrow morning for a school in Dubai. So will wait and see what my options are after that.

With regards to the Abu Dhabi/ Dubai debate.....I have done a lot of research on both places and spoken to a few people who are already out in the middle east. I'm not opposed to living in either place to be honest....but up to now, Abu Dhabi seems to be my preference as it seems a little less full on and hectic. And Dubai is within easy travelling distance if I do want to go. But I'm open to other people's opinions and advice.
Actually AD isn't as quiet as it used to be. There is now a large traffic problem and the red faced tattooed chavs are starting to colonize there after being kicked out of Dubai.

In some ways, I find Dubai is more chilled out than AD. Then again, I live in the middle of nowhere now and would never dream of going into 'Dubai' at the weekend unless I had to.
Old May 1st 2011, 12:11 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Actually AD isn't as quiet as it used to be. There is now a large traffic problem and the red faced tattooed chavs are starting to colonize there after being kicked out of Dubai.

In some ways, I find Dubai is more chilled out than AD. Then again, I live in the middle of nowhere now and would never dream of going into 'Dubai' at the weekend unless I had to.
another part time expat
Old May 1st 2011, 12:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
another part time expat
eh? It's the expats I try to avoid...
Old May 1st 2011, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

NorthernBelle31 is a jewel in the roughNorthernBelle31 is a jewel in the roughNorthernBelle31 is a jewel in the roughNorthernBelle31 is a jewel in the roughNorthernBelle31 is a jewel in the rough

I now have 3 offers!!

Two in Abu Dhabi and one in Dubai........decisions, decisions! It's nice to feel wanted! still waiting on the contract from the third school to see what their salary and benefits package is.
Old May 1st 2011, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Not sure I like the sound of the 'red faced tattooed chavs!' - that's what I'm trying to escape from
Old May 1st 2011, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
...and what is a 'sand dancer' ?
Someone from South Shields......a coastal town in the North East of England (though that makes it sound nicer than it is!!)
Old May 1st 2011, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by NorthernBelle31
Someone from South Shields......a coastal town in the North East of England (though that makes it sound nicer than it is!!)
Shocked you could say that... its been to long since I walked the sands of Marsden Beach... enjoy your choices.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.