Abu Dhabi Approvals...

Old Oct 26th 2016, 9:29 am
Just Joined

jenniferA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Abu Dhabi Approvals...

For many weeks now I have waited on external approvals for a job offer in Abu Dhabi since submitting all my documents i.e. police report, certificates attested & apostilised. It's been five weeks. I have emailed them but they say they are still waiting on some external approvals - that was three weeks ago.... It's very frustrating. Any words of wisdom anyone to keep me holding out? At times I feel that there is no job! Cheers.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi Approvals...

What do you mean by "external approvals"?

If this is for background checks then you can always contact the agency that is doing it and ask them if there is anything they need. Sometimes things get stuck in the system waiting for a response from someone who isn't aware they need to reply.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dominoman
What do you mean by "external approvals"?

If this is for background checks then you can always contact the agency that is doing it and ask them if there is anything they need. Sometimes things get stuck in the system waiting for a response from someone who isn't aware they need to reply.
This is what I have been told exactly. Once they had everything back from me, photos, paperwork, certificates .... everything then they use an external company for approvals. I've already had the job offer three months ago. This is government in AUH.....
Old Oct 26th 2016, 1:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jenniferA
At times I feel that there is no job! Cheers.
you might be right.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Weeeelll.....

Millhouse may be right.

AD is undergoing massive budget cuts at the moment due to the decline in O&G prices. Scores are being made redundant from most government ministries - expats that is, Emirati nationals are protected. Projects are being cancelled left and right.

I'd follow up with your prospective employer and find out if the job still exists. It could be that the employer wants to hire you, but the next up in the ladder is debating whether it's worth approving your hire or not in light of the budget cuts so your profile is sitting on his desk while he makes up his mind.

Or it could just be bureaucratic delays. Good luck.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

If they are getting full-blown security checks done (needed for some Government related jobs), these can take well over 3 months.
Old Oct 28th 2016, 7:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by archie159
If they are getting full-blown security checks done (needed for some Government related jobs), these can take well over 3 months.
No i have not been told they are doing security checks, the words are "external approvals" which have taken 5 weeks now. I have contacted them in this time and they are still waiting for approvals. Really frustrating.
Old Oct 28th 2016, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

sman987 is an unknown quantity at this point

It depends who your working for.. But assuming you had to have a degree for your job you would go through the standard reference checks (hireright, etc) to validate your career record is truthful,.. then do other checks on degree certificates, criminal checks, CID check, credit check, etc... It's not unusual to take 6-8 weeks to be honest.....
Old Oct 29th 2016, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Hireright ? Does that mean the days of "creative" CVs are over ?
Old Oct 30th 2016, 4:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

We go through a client approval process for a lot of hires, can take months.