39,500 per month Abu Dhabi

Old Dec 11th 2012, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Nextgig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 39,500 per month Abu Dhabi

Hi, i'm wondering if those of you in the UAE would be kind enough to review this job offer for me. I've been offered the following package.

39,500 per month salary
1 flight home per year
Medical
Life insurance
Discretionary bonus

Important thing to note is there is no housing or car allowance. The company is based in Mohammed bin Zayed city, so i'm assuming that i'll definitely need a car. I want to live within commutable distance of the office, so not driving more than an hour (i think this takes living in Dubai out of the equation). I will be there with my wife, who initially will not be working, so would want to live somewhere where she will be able to do things during the day. How much will housing/car costs eat into my salary? From reviewing this forum, it seems those are the 2 biggest costs to consider. Anybody commute into MBZ city? Experiences?
Old Dec 11th 2012, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 39,500 per month Abu Dhabi

fine if you have no dustbin lids
Old Dec 11th 2012, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Sorry, I don't quite follow...dustbin lids?
Old Dec 11th 2012, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

Just got it. No, no kids.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nextgig
Hi, i'm wondering if those of you in the UAE would be kind enough to review this job offer for me. I've been offered the following package.

39,500 per month salary
1 flight home per year
Medical
Life insurance
Discretionary bonus

Important thing to note is there is no housing or car allowance. The company is based in Mohammed bin Zayed city, so i'm assuming that i'll definitely need a car. I want to live within commutable distance of the office, so not driving more than an hour (i think this takes living in Dubai out of the equation). I will be there with my wife, who initially will not be working, so would want to live somewhere where she will be able to do things during the day. How much will housing/car costs eat into my salary? From reviewing this forum, it seems those are the 2 biggest costs to consider. Anybody commute into MBZ city? Experiences?
have a look at arabia apartments, its the hotel part of mazayad mall in mbz. all the houses in mbz will be large. nobody really commutes into mbz, there isnt much there, a few schools, statistics place etc, eida other than that housing estate etc.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 11:29 am
Happy To Help!

TopNik is a jewel in the roughTopNik is a jewel in the roughTopNik is a jewel in the roughTopNik is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by saudiflares
fine if you have no dustbin lids
Yes I agree with saudiflares, you should be ok on that salary.

Good luck!
Old Dec 12th 2012, 5:43 pm
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
have a look at arabia apartments, its the hotel part of mazayad mall in mbz. all the houses in mbz will be large. nobody really commutes into mbz, there isnt much there, a few schools, statistics place etc, eida other than that housing estate etc.
Mayzad Mall is dreadful. Very few Westerners, last time I was there felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb.

MBZ is pretty downmarket and is very quiet in terms of things to do. I would be tempted to live in Abu Dhabi and commute out each day (40 minutes each way). Far more for your wife to do than in MBZ. For 120k you will get a really decent apartment in Khalidiya/Al Hosn area. Lots of expats, lots of things for your wife to do.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

Do you mean there are only Emiratis in Mayzad Mall? Or other foreigners?

Would 120k get me a 2 bed apartment in Abu Dhabi city centre? And would the journey time be 40 mins in rush hour too?
Old Dec 12th 2012, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG !! Foreigners!!! How AWFUL !
Old Dec 13th 2012, 1:51 am
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Ha well I do not mean that of course, we all know all foreigners are fantastic people.

All I meant was that my wife was stared at a lot more that I was comfortable with last time I was there. So much so in fact that she asked me to leave, first time that has ever happened in my 10 years on and off out here. So if I was the original poster and wanted somewhere where my wife could be happy during the day then MBZ or Mayzad Mall would be way down the list.

Yes 120k will get you a two bedroom in the centre. Have a look on dubizzle or propertyfinder.ae to get an idea of prices. Would. Be 40 minutes in rush hour, maybe less if you were in the Khalidiyah end of town.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 3:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fossildog
Mayzad Mall is dreadful. Very few Westerners, last time I was there felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb.

MBZ is pretty downmarket and is very quiet in terms of things to do. I would be tempted to live in Abu Dhabi and commute out each day (40 minutes each way). Far more for your wife to do than in MBZ. For 120k you will get a really decent apartment in Khalidiya/Al Hosn area. Lots of expats, lots of things for your wife to do.
very few westerners, rubbish. the majority would be indian, and locals and then a few european. i used to go there a lot but since they have got the road works in all the approaches to mbz i do not go there now, but will do when they have finished and put the road back!!!
Old Dec 13th 2012, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

it doesnt have a force field that doesnt allow foreigners in....!!!
Old Dec 13th 2012, 4:12 am
...---...

Originally Posted by busybee2
very few westerners, rubbish. the majority would be indian, and locals and then a few european. i used to go there a lot but since they have got the road works in all the approaches to mbz i do not go there now, but will do when they have finished and put the road back!!!
So majority Indian, some local then some Europeans? Sounds like very few Westerners to me. It is a local mall and a totally different atmosphere to say Marina or Al Wahdah mall.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 4:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I know, peasants everywhere.

Eurgh.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 12:27 pm
...---...

You seem to see racism wherever you go based on your other posts.

Have you considered the problem may be with you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.