Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

12,000 AED - enough? Wife, and one child?

12,000 AED - enough? Wife, and one child?

Old Mar 25th 2014, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

RKI_83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 12,000 AED - enough? Wife, and one child?

Originally Posted by Scamp
I think wise. If you were warned off negotiating for the provisional offer then negging at the last hurdle might not have been smart.

You'll never know, but at least you've got a job you wanted????
Its a big change from Sunny Birmingham
Old Mar 25th 2014, 3:03 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I think wise. If you were warned off negotiating for the provisional offer then negging at the last hurdle might not have been smart.

You'll never know, but at least you've got a job you wanted????
agreed
Old Mar 25th 2014, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of families from South Asia living in KSA on less than 12,000 SR a month. My guess is that you aspire to something better.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

helloworld2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again,

Just sorting the attestation of our education etc certificates out. I've done a search and the relevant information I can find is from circa 2008, so I'm not sure if it's still relevant.

We think we know the process for UK education certifcates - but the one we're slightly confused about is our marriage certificate.

We got married in Cyprus. What steps do we need to take to get our cypriot marriage certificate UAE attested?

Any help / advice?

Still not sunk in that this move is actually taking place! It's been "on the cards" for the last couple of years or so, but it's now becoming very real - with a few scary hoops to jump through before we actually arrive. Feels like we're taking one almighty leap! (but with lots of sensible expectations and wide-eyed realism of what we'll find when we land....knowing me, once this is all sorted, I'll be thinking of our exit strategy!...)

Many thanks!

Helloworld2014

Last edited by helloworld2014; Mar 28th 2014 at 7:50 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

driftingaway is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going through this minefield of signatures etc right now too! Going to the solicitor on Monday to certify 5 documents (£5 for 1st, £2 for the rest in case you're interested). The process, as you've probably worked out, is to make a colour photocopy of your education certificates, take the original and the copy to a solicitor and get them to sign the copy saying it's legit, then post it to the FCO in Milton Keynes and then finally to the UAE embassy in London.

As for Cyprus - it looks a little more complex. I found this guy on EPF who had to send his marriage certificate to Cyprus to get it apostilled (=internationally legalised) - http://www.expatforum.com/expats/dub...tml#post530224

Scroll down that thread and others are in the same boat.

Hope that helps... and good luck!

Last edited by driftingaway; Mar 28th 2014 at 7:48 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

helloworld2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by driftingaway
I'm going through this minefield of signatures etc right now too! Going to the solicitor on Monday to certify 5 documents (£5 for 1st, £2 for the rest in case you're interested). The process, as you've probably worked out, is to make a colour photocopy of your education certificates, take the original and the copy to a solicitor and get them to sign the copy saying it's legit, then post it to the FCO in Milton Keynes and then finally to the UAE embassy in London.

As for Cyprus - it looks a little more complex. I found this guy on EPF who had to send his marriage certificate to Cyprus to get it apostilled (=internationally legalised) - http://www.expatforum.com/expats/dub...tml#post530224

Many thanks for the heads up and link - appreciated, I'd buy you a beer once over there.............pending the liquor licence obviously!!

Cheers,

Helloworld2014
Old Mar 29th 2014, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by driftingaway

thats pretty cheap, as solicitors here charge about 100dhs per signature.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 4:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by helloworld2014
Hi again,

Just sorting the attestation of our education etc certificates out. I've done a search and the relevant information I can find is from circa 2008, so I'm not sure if it's still relevant.

We think we know the process for UK education certifcates - but the one we're slightly confused about is our marriage certificate.

We got married in Cyprus. What steps do we need to take to get our cypriot marriage certificate UAE attested?

Any help / advice?

Still not sunk in that this move is actually taking place! It's been "on the cards" for the last couple of years or so, but it's now becoming very real - with a few scary hoops to jump through before we actually arrive. Feels like we're taking one almighty leap! (but with lots of sensible expectations and wide-eyed realism of what we'll find when we land....knowing me, once this is all sorted, I'll be thinking of our exit strategy!...)

Many thanks!

Helloworld2014
Assuming you're both British, you have to get the wedding certificate stamped and signed by the nearest UAE embassy to Cyprus (if there isn't one there).

I think.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Venezuelan007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Millhouse
400 applicants, 380 straight to the bin, 20 to be looked at a bit more carefully. Another 17 in the bin. 3 in for interview, maybe 1 is good enough to get an offer. maybe not. That's my experience of Dubai recruitment.

I wouldn't worry about the 400 number.
I agree, every job spot will receive hundreds of applications, doesnt matter if they have the experience or skills requested, sometimes they dont even speak/write english.

The other day I saw a post of a guy promoting himself, so a recruiter could see him and offer a job (dont think that would work, but good luck anyway), and he received about 50 replies "im interested plz look my profile" "check my cv" "where do i apply"

It must be really hard work to be a recruiter

Ps. Congrats on the job

Last edited by Venezuelan007; Mar 31st 2014 at 5:03 pm.