Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Withdrawing a petition & can he sue???

Withdrawing a petition & can he sue???

Old Dec 1st 2003, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

krissyv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Withdrawing a petition & can he sue???

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Back at you hon
Don't forget to tell us how was your trip to SF
Will do - just going to make sure I look fab so if I run into any of his friends then they can report back that I'm better than ever...
Krissy
Old Dec 1st 2003, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishInOhio will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by krissyv
Will do - just going to make sure I look fab so if I run into any of his friends then they can report back that I'm better than ever...
Krissy
Better still give them his profile on the pervy web site you found!!!!
Old Dec 1st 2003, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

krissyv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by BritishInOhio
Better still give them his profile on the pervy web site you found!!!!
I'm tempted to send it to his boss - he's very religious and would not be impressed - its really shocking....lol...
Old Dec 1st 2003, 8:40 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Krissy
YOU ROCK!!!
Old Dec 1st 2003, 8:44 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

My engagement ring story...

Many years ago I was engaged and living with someone. He was having an affair which I found out about after the girl called me to tell me. It was New Years Day when she called. My best friend had died in a car crash the night before so this was all I needed.

I left immediately and didn't give the ring back. To be honest it was shitty ring anway. Years later I forgot that I had the ring. I was on the beach at my parents place in SC. Again I had lost another good friend, this time to cancer. I was thinking about my friend, opened my purse and saw the ring. I can't to this day work out what it was doing there. It was the first time I'd seen it in years.

I threw the ring in the Atlantic and was a bit disappointed that there were no lightening flashes or anything dramatic.

When I got back to England a friend called me to tell me that the evil ex had broken his leg very badly in a freak football accident.

The date and time of that accident? The exact same times as I'd thrown that ring in the ocean.

Strange but 100% true.
Old Dec 1st 2003, 8:44 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

People do change, and it is very stressfull when you are apart for so long. I know that the likes of Leslie66 and her gang are going to be up in arms about this, but I would think before making any decisions and try to talk things out. You may still come to the same decision but you may feel better about how you got there. Good luck in you decisions.

This coming from the twit that posted earlier in this thread ...

[i]Let's hope that don't come back to bite you on the ass! Never mind about giving him back the ring, just pray he ain't given you something you can't hand back.
Which side of your face will you be talking out of next??
Old Dec 1st 2003, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66

Which is it you don't like......
British
Ohio
or
BritishInOhio.....?

and where was the *slap*....?
Old Dec 1st 2003, 8:47 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I know that the likes of Leslie66 and her gang are going to be up in arms about this

Gang? Yes we are comprised of a bunch of thugs who don't like to be hit or cheated on.

Scandalous aren't we.

If you want to take a shot at me, start an OT thread and I'll meet you there. Don't hijack this poor woman's thread.
Old Dec 1st 2003, 8:47 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sibsie
My engagement ring story...

Many years ago I was engaged and living with someone. He was having an affair which I found out about after the girl called me to tell me. It was New Years Day when she called. My best friend had died in a car crash the night before so this was all I needed.

I left immediately and didn't give the ring back. To be honest it was shitty ring anway. Years later I forgot that I had the ring. I was on the beach at my parents place in SC. Again I had lost another good friend, this time to cancer. I was thinking about my friend, opened my purse and saw the ring. I can't to this day work out what it was doing there. It was the first time I'd seen it in years.

I threw the ring in the Atlantic and was a bit disappointed that there were no lightening flashes or anything dramatic.

When I got back to England a friend called me to tell me that the evil ex had broken his leg very badly in a freak football accident.

The date and time of that accident? The exact same times as I'd thrown that ring in the ocean.

Strange but 100% true.

Aww Siobhan that was a very sad story, poor you!.
Old Dec 1st 2003, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishInOhio will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Leslie66

There are two side to every story Leslie. I try to look at both.
In all honesty how does anyone of you know what your other half is doing while they are in another country. I know I did'nt know what my then girlfriend was up to 24/7 while we were in the US and UK. Maybe she is the only one who has found out about it, if she had not maybe she would be on here posting as a married person like the rest of us. Just some food for thought.
Old Dec 1st 2003, 8:55 pm

There are two side to every story Leslie. I try to look at both.
In all honesty how does anyone of you know what your other half is doing while they are in another country. I know I did'nt know what my then girlfriend was up to 24/7 while we were in the US and UK. Maybe she is the only one who has found out about it, if she had not maybe she would be on here posting as a married person like the rest of us. Just some food for thought.
My hubby will never cheat on me, he could have given up a very long time ago when all this immigration nightmare started.. but no he choose "The tricky and long way" which is me.. lol
MY HUNNY LOVES ME!!! SO DO I!!!

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Dec 1st 2003 at 8:57 pm.
Old Dec 1st 2003, 8:57 pm
Mrt

Hypertweeky wrote:

> Back at you hon
    >
    > Don't forget to tell us how was your trip to SF
    >

Maybe the sun will be out then

It's a bit soggy in Santa Cruz today

Old Dec 1st 2003, 9:01 pm
WTF?

All i can say is you guys are total legends! Its hard to talk to people here about it because they always the long distance thing was abit weird - now I'm just getting the I told you so spiel....

Hugs
Krissy
I can promise you the long distance thing has nothing to do with it. I've been down a very similar road and it was NOT a long distance relationship. Things can go wrong in every scenario. Don't beat yourself up and don't let it effect your self esteem. Don't let anybody pull the "I told you so" spiel on you either. That is not helpful and not what you need to hear right now. Friends won't do that to you.

Leslie
Old Dec 1st 2003, 9:01 pm
Mrt

Leslie66 wrote:

> Orig Plus, threatening someone with
    > violence is still ILLEGAL as far as I know.

Yes, it is.. Ask the guy who threaten the spam mailer.

Old Dec 1st 2003, 9:03 pm
Mrt

krissyv wrote:
    >
    >
    > The statute that governs is Civil Code 1590, and it requires return
    > of the ring unless there is a court finding that you don't have to
    > give it back:
    >

But... the ring was given and the engagement commenced in New Zealand.
Would it fall under California Civil Code simply because he lives here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.