Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Wife's I485 considered abandoned...help!!

Wife's I485 considered abandoned...help!!

Old Jul 27th 2017, 12:32 am
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light
Default Wife's I485 considered abandoned...help!!

I am a gc holder and petitioned for my wife some time ago; today we got a letter in the mail saying that we never responded to a request for RFE in March and as such the application is now considered abandoned!! We never received a notice for RFE, we are beside ourselves with worry; what happens now? We have left a message for our attorney to call us (naturally the office was closed by the time we got home and opened the mail). I predict a sleepless night
Old Jul 27th 2017, 12:45 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wife's I485 considered abandoned...help!!

Originally Posted by Meryl
We never received a notice for RFE...
This happens from time to time. There's probably nothing you can do about it now.

... what happens now?
You could simply resubmit a new application. Or, your lawyer could file a Motion to Reopen - but that'll be expensive (well, not to reopen, but for his time). Refiling is probably easier.

Ian
Old Jul 27th 2017, 12:46 am
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light

How will this affect her EAD? She's been working for over a year now!
Old Jul 28th 2017, 3:54 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

If her petition is considered abandoned then her EAD is invalid for work purposes.
Old Jul 29th 2017, 8:46 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Talk to your lawyer on Monday. This happens from time to time. It is a PIA but can probably be fixed.