Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

When do you book the Medical for a K1?

When do you book the Medical for a K1?

Old Jan 13th 2018, 11:38 am
Ongoing K1 Visa

Trilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond repute
Default When do you book the Medical for a K1?

Hi all, sorry if this has been posted many times before.

I was wondering when you have to book the medical in London regards a K1 Visa? Is it something that I do privately and then keep the results ready for when I get the go ahead to book my US Embasy Interview, or are you notified by the Embasy when you should go and get the medical? Looked online but found no real help, thought someone here with past experience is the best to ask

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 13th 2018, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When do you book the Medical for a K1?

Once you have your LND case number you can book the medical.

At least when I went through the process I (UK beneficiary) received a pack from the embassy telling me to go ahead.

It's then on you to phone Knightsbridge Dr office and book an appointment.

Do note that the day you have the medical it starts a 6 month clock to when the visa will expire. AKA you have 6 months to get the actual visa and enter the USA.
Old Jan 13th 2018, 12:02 pm
Ongoing K1 Visa

Trilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond reputeTrilo has a reputation beyond repute

So the Embasy may give me the go ahead to book the medical or I can book it when I get a case number, but then the medical only has a 6 month window to get accepted and get to the US? I take it you should get an answer from immigration if you are accepted well within that 6 month time frame or it means having to have another medical if you are left waiting?

Am I right in thinking that you have the medical before your US Embasy interview so you can take all the appropriate results with you?
Old Jan 13th 2018, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trilo
So the Embasy give me the go ahead to book the medical, but then the medical only has a 6 month window to get accepted and get to the US? I take it you should get an answer from immigration well within that 6 month time frame or it means having to have another medical?
You need to make sure you book the medical and visa interview in a good enough window. Leave a week or so between them.

For example try book the medical March 1st and visa interview March 10th. Then when the visa is approved it will expire March 1st + 6 months.

Am I right in thinking that you have the medical before your US Embasy interview so you can take all the appropriate results with you?
You have it before, but Knightsbridge sends the results directly to the embassy. You won't handle it.
Old Jan 13th 2018, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Where are you currently in the process?

Has the I-129F petition been approved?

Has your USC Petitioner been informed by the NVC?
Old Jan 13th 2018, 12:11 pm
Ongoing K1 Visa

The I-129F has been recieved and my partner has had notification recieved via email and a receipt sent through the post.
Old Jan 13th 2018, 12:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The I-129F has been recieved and my partner has had notification recieved via email and a receipt sent through the post.
It will be several months until you have the I-129F approval, so you won't be booking your medical anytime soon.

Rene
Old Jan 13th 2018, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

This may help you see the process: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/K1_Flowchart_Visuals
Old Jan 13th 2018, 12:44 pm
Ongoing K1 Visa

Originally Posted by tom169
This may help you see the process: K1 Flowchart Visuals : British Expat Wiki
Thats cool, thank you... although I did see on the flow chart it said to sign the photo's, the form as I remember never stated this I do not believe so mine were never signed, if this is an issue I guess they will pick up on this and inform us to correct it?
Old Jan 13th 2018, 12:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.

Rene
Old Jan 13th 2018, 2:07 pm
Ongoing K1 Visa

Thats cool, thank you... although I did see on the flow chart it said to sign the photo's, the form as I remember never stated this I do not believe so mine were never signed, if this is an issue I guess they will pick up on this and inform us to correct it?
Panic over, photo's were signed, and there was no errors reported in the I-797C receipt
Old Jan 13th 2018, 2:51 pm

Panic over, photo's were signed, and there was no errors reported in the I-797C receipt
That was just the receipt notice. Now they will start to review the I-129F package, and will send another notice when they are finished, saying approved. In the meantime, if they need anything from you, they will send an RFE.

Rene